Thursday, September 12, 2013

MAC Retro Matte



Fall collections are now in full swing and MAC keeps bringing out the products that will keep me going back to the counter all season long!  I have swooned over their new Indulge collection, craved a new foundation from Pro Longwear, and wanted yet another red lipstick shade with my last visit to the counter.  A good chunk of my paycheck is being set aside each month for my MAC visits and this will be a fall of makeup shopping instead of fragrance and body product shopping.  I hope I don't need another train case by the end of October...

MAC has released yet another new collection that I am going to go crazy over when I get to the counter!  Retro Matte is a collection that contains only lip products and was based off the huge fame of the Ruby Woo lipstick hue and the cult following that came with it.  I have admired the Ruby Woo shade several times however I have not bought it yet for the following reasons: I spent more time at the MAC counter checking out the new and limited editions and this shade is very often sold out at my counter.  I have the worst luck with this shade and the stars have never aligned with me getting to the counter when this product is in stock and when I am not simply picking up all my new collection shades.  Perhaps with the release of Retro Matte, my counter will get more tubes of this shade in than they normally do.

"Inspired by Ruby Woo's overwhelming popularity and one-of-a-kind texture, M•A•C introduces new bold shades in its Retro Matte finish. Eye-catching colours like Dangerous and All Fired Up create a look that's fiercely feminine. M•A•C also premieres Pro Longwear Lip Pencils in a vibrant colour palette, giving this long-lasting and transfer-proof lip pencil an exhilarating makeover.", states the MAC website when providing an overall collection description.

Here is the Retro Matte collection!

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Steady Going - light pink matte
- Runway Hit - light nude matte
- Dangerous - orangey red matte
- Relentlessly Red - bright pinkish coral matte
- All Fired Up - bright fuschia matte
- Flat Out Fabulous - bright plum matte
- Ruby Woo - very matte vivid blue-red
- Fixed On Drama - rich wine matte

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil - A new generation of longwearing lip pencil technology. Glides on fluidly and adheres instantly. Defines the lips with an instant release of rich, saturated colour. Pro-longs the hours between re-application. Transfer proof.
- In Anticipation - soft yellow pink
- Staunchly Stylish - pinky beige
- Dynamo - intense pink cream
- Shock Value - bright pink cream
- High Energy - bright orange red cream
- Trust in Red - bright cool red cream
- More to Love - intense bluish pink
- Fashion Boost - bright purple cream

Obviously...my first choice from this collection will be a tube of Ruby Woo.  After I can finally get my hands on a tube of this lipstick, then I will start looking at the rest of the shades in this collection.  I will be skipping over the Pro Longwear Lip Pencil since I don't use this type of product and will not be starting any time soon.  My lipstick shopping list: Steady Going, Runway Hit, Relentlessly Red, and All Fired Up.  I want all kinds of shades from this finish and I hope that these lipsticks are the same quality as the rest of the products from MAC, I will just add these lipsticks to my MAC lip obsession and end up buying more from this company!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: