Tuesday, August 2, 2011

MAC Colourizations

Colourizations may be the newest collection from MAC, launching at the counters this week, however we have actually looked at pieces of it before.  This was the collection that was released to Nordstrom for the event in July.  If you remember, I wasn't all that impressed with any of the offerings from MAC for this event but I promised myself that I would relook at the products when they were available on the MAC website.  The Nordstrom website doesn't always do the best job with color descriptions and collection descriptions so I didn't want to sell this collection short just because it wasn't described as well as it could have been. 

The MAC website states the following as an overall description of the collection, "Colourizations Double Feature Shadow Compacts in eight daring pairings that combine shades in sophistically dramatic ways, while Technakohl Liner adds drama.  Plus, two set ready brushes."  If my memory serves me correctly, Nordstrom offered on the eye shadow duos in their version of this collection, neither of the liners or the brushes were included in their event.  Maybe the liners will make a huge difference in this collection but I doubt it since I didn't really like any of the shadow duos the first time around...

Here is the MAC version of this collection...

Pro Palette Eye Shadow x 2 - Ultra-slim, stackable, easy-to-use palette pre-filled with two shadows.  Great for your makeup kit.
- Double Feature 1 -bright yellow gold (Veluxe Pearl)/pink-up chrome purple (Frost)
- Double Feature 2 - bright lime (Veluxe Pearl)/frosty deep gray (Frost)
- Double Feature 3 - midtone teal (Matte)/deep chocolate (Satin)
- Double Feature 4 - deep forest green (Veluxe Pearl)/midtone ochre brown (Matte)
- Double Feature 5 - pale frosty peach (Frost)/dark brown with green pearl (Frost)
- Double Feature 6 - light gray taupe (Matte)/midtone bronze (Veluxe Pearl)
- Double Feature 7 - bright fushcia (Frost)/cool black (Satin)
- Double Feature 8 - midtone orange (Frost)/deep navy (Satin)

Technakohl Liner - A mechnical pencil-style liner.  In formula, soft and creamy, with an intense, rich, colour deposit.  Blends on application, dries quickly to a long-wear, non-smudge finish.  Versatile.  An easy way to line the top and lower lash line of the eye.  When applied at a 90 degree angle, provides a thin, precision line.  For thicker application, apply at a flat angle.
- Jade Way - pure emerald green with frost
- Purple Dash - intense aubergine
- Auto-de-blu - amethyst
- Uniform - deep khaki green with golden pearl
- Photogravure - soft black with brown undertone
- Graphblack - rich graphic black

Zoom Lash Mascara - Major drama.  Lasts all day.  Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions.  Feels light, supple.  Ultra-sculpted brush hs three-sided fibres to embrace and separate each lash, hugging every curve.  Coats in one stroke from root to tip.  No smudging.
- Zoomblack - rich black

275 Medium Angled Shading Brush - For applying and blending eye shadow.  This brush has soft, smooth fibres and a full, angled design.  MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials.  They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferules.

222 Tapered Blending Brush - Applying, contouring, or highlighting powder-based products such as eye shadow, powder, or Pigment.  Soft round "brush" tapers into a tip.  Of natural fibres.

Well, I tried this collection out for a second time around and I can say that I honestly do not like it any better than I did before.  I still don't really get where MAC was going with some of these shade combinations in the duos since I doubt that many people can get a combination of a frost orange and satin navy duo to really work on their eyes.  The one and only combination that I like from the Double Feature collection is the Double Feature 7, the black and fushcia combination.  I don't even think that I like it enough to purchase, it is just the only combination that you don't have to be a makeup artist to make work on the eye.  So it's very safe to say that I will be skipping these on all counts.

The Technakohl Liners are the only aspect of the collection that I like.  And since these aren't new or limited edition, they is no major rush for me to buy any of these.  Uniform and Graphblack are the only two shades that I like and neither are all that unique.  I will be skipping the MAC counter on all counts on for this collection.  MAC really needs to released something that renews my faith in this company before it drops out of my five favorites makeup lines...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: