Friday, August 19, 2011

MAC Prime Focus

Prime Focus is a new collection of three primers that MAC has released this week.  MAC Prep + Prime is already a favorite primer of mine so I am so looking forward to seeing what else MAC has to offer now in the primer category.  The traditional Prep + Prime is already a fantastic product that has never let me down so I am interested to see how MAC has improved on this product and what they have done to enhance it.  I am wondering if I would like this product in a tinted formula to reduce some of the redness in my cheek area, especially as my skin gets drier and redder in the wintertime.

"Three multi-tasking, high performance Primers that are must haves for every makeup kit: MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer SPF 35 and MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder, now in both Loose and Pressed form.  Perfection has never been so easy!"  So now we have two finishing powders in this collection and tinted versions of the traditional primer.  Have I died and gone to heaven?!  I am also looking for a new loose powder to use once I have finished up my summer bronzer so this little group of products is just right in line with what I need to buy right now.  And I say "need" because a purchase from here will be replacing products that I ran out of, not adding another pink lip gloss to my already huge collection!

The new additions to Prep + Prime...

Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder - A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup.  Reduces skine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections.  Available in one universal color that suits all shades.  Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin.

Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder/Pressed - A silky, colourless finishing powder suitable for all skintones.  Reduces shine while optically minimizes the look of lines and imperfections.  Wear over makeup or on its own.  Now in a pressed compact for ease and portability.

Prep + Prime Foritified Skin Enhancer - A tinted skin primer fortified with soft-focus powders to help even out skin tone and add radiance.  Lightweight and invisible, it goes on under foundation or powder for a naturally perfect look and subtle glow.  Helps protect against pollution and UV rays.  Available in four tints: Illuminate adds radiance to a sallow complextion; Neutralize calms a red, blotchy complexion; Adjust brightens dull skin; and Recharge adds a little "boost" to any dull complexion.  Fragrance free.

I need both of these powders!  I can't wait to see how using both the primer and the finishing powder together helps to even out my complexion.  I will buy the loose powder to use in the morning to set my makeup and then keep the pressed powder in my bag to keep the complexion prefection going on throughout the whole day.  From the primer collection, I need to buy the Neutralize shade and I would also like to add the Recharge tint to use when my skin looks awful in the cold weather. 

It looks like I need to visit the MAC counter and pick up a couple of these products before the cold weather hits this fall.  MAC Prep + Prime is a group of very high quality products and I am very happy that MAC has continued to release new products in this collection.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: