Monday, August 15, 2011

Smashbox Fall 2011 Collection - Girls On Film

As I have stated as lot so far, we have been seeing a lot of fall collections that are very heavy on the eye makeup products.  The newest collection from Smashbox, named Girls On Film, is no exception to what seems to be the rule this fall however they do balance it out a bit better than some other companies in that they offer both lip gloss selections and a new blush.  I have been big on blush lately so I am excited to see something new in this area.  This is a special collection that is designed by the Smashbox makeup artists to look as lovely in real life as it would being photographed.  I'm not photographed all that much however I am perfectly happy to look amazing in real like!
"We're bringing you on set with this film-worthy collection all about the magic that happens when you capture that perfect shot.  Get in on the studio party.  YOUR close-up is calling!", states the Smashbox website when they give a brief description of the collection.  This collection contains two full eye palettes and then lip gloss and a new blush selection.  I am the most excited for the blush but I can't wait to see this whole collection!

Smashbox Girls On Film...

Girls On Film Photo Op Eye Palette - Softbox: always be camera-ready with this pretty-as-a-picture palette of everyday that can work anytime, anywhere.  Smokebox: Smolder like an A-list starlet with this sultry palette of dramatic shades, perfect for creating any smoky eye look.
- Softbox - pale champagne shimmer/medium matte taupe/deep matte plum/pale white shimmer/champagne gold shimmer/deep brown shimmer
- Smolder - pale pink white shimmer/medium gray shimmer/deep black with silver shimmer/light gray shimmer/deep matte plum/medium navy shimmer

Girls On Film Cream Eye Liner & Travel Brush Set - Create the perfect frame in a flash!  Precision definition is a snap with our cult-fave liner and go-everywhere brush.  The smooth formula allows for completely customizable application, whether you want a perfectly lined or more smudged look.
- Sepia - midnight brown with gold pearl
- Blacklight - black with blue pearl

Girls On Film Blush Rush - Get cover-worthy cheekbones with an instant rush of color, courtesy of our ultra-luxe, long-wearing blush.  The compact also features a cool swivel mirror for easy touch-ups on the go.
- Pose - rosy pink
- Silhouette - soft nude

Girls On Film Lip Enhancing Gloss - A picture-perfect pout is just a swipe away with our beloved, award-winning formula for soft, smooth lips.  Choose from two new universally flattering shades of pink.
- Overexposed - soft milky pink
- Underexposed - rusty pink

Finally I have found a collection that contains lip and blush shades that are better than the eye palettes!  Don't get me wrong, these are very nice eye shadows but I just love the other products in this collection.  I must have both of the lip glosses, I think that I prefer the Underexposed shade for the fall and I would put the light Overexposed shade away for next spring.  Overexposed is closer to the Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass (original) and will be best on pale skintones however the Underexposed will work for all types of skintones.  Underexposed is an overall winner of a shade. 

I do expect that both eye palettes will sell very well for this company, Smashbox eye shadows are very high quality and the texture is normally quite easy to work with.  Both of the palettes contain lovely shades, I prefer the Softbox palette with the neutrals and golds.  Lastly, I love the Pose shade of blush and this will be on my shopping list next time that I hit up the Smashbox counter at Sephora.

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: