Friday, August 12, 2011

My Favorite Products At This Time

I have decided to try something a bit new for my blog and see how it goes.  The past few weeks have been all about looking forward to fall in my blog but I have been using all my favorite summer products since the season is ending in about four weeks.  So I have decided that every few weeks, I am going to bring my blog back into the here and now and write up five products that are my current favorites.  They will be from any beauty category and might include four body products and one makeup item or vice versa.  They will only be characterized as my favorite of-the-moment products.  Feel free to give me a bit of feedback on what you all think!

My current favorite products...

Tocca Stella - "Stella is infused with the slightly sweet, never bitter, and always fresh scent of blood orange.  With its origins coming from the 17th Century Sicily, the blood orange is harmonius with Tocca's philosophy of combining the best of old world traditions with modern influences.  Notes include - Bitter Orange, Blood Orange, Watery Accord, White Freesia, Wild Diamond Orchids, Spicy Lily, Sheer Musk, Sandalwood".  I first tried this fragrance out in June and within days, had fallen in love with it.  My love affair with this white floral is still going strong and now I know that I must purchase more of this next spring.  The mix of the lily, blood orange, and sandalwood is very unique and is pure perfection for me.

China Glaze Nail Lacquer in White Cap - "Unleash your inner color with China Glaze...your long-wearing professional nail lacquer choice!  Long wearing formula with hardeners features great coverage and is DBP free.  China Glaze Nail Lacquer makes nails look spectacular and dries in seconds.  China Glaze offers the latest technology in formulas and color selection."  I was a late comer to China Glaze since I have always tended toward Lippmann Collection polishes but one of my friends got her nails done with China Glaze at her salon and I loved the finish of the polish.  Looking this collection up on the Scrange nail polish blog convinced me that I needed to get my hands on this line and my friend was able to order some polish for me and I ordered other shades from Sally Beauty Supply.  White Cap was originally released in the Spring 2011 Anchors Away collection and is a gold-tinged white glitter.  One coat goes on sheer, the second opaque.  This shimmer golden in the sunlight, works with any type of outfit shade, and always get attention.  My first introduction to China Glaze was a big hit!

Bath and Body Works Coconut Pineapple Shower Gel - "Our Signature Collection Coconuts Shower Gel is supercharged with benefits that make it the world's best daily luxury.  It has been formulated to provide the ultimate shower experience, pampering you with luxurious lather, moisturizing Aloe Vera and nourishing Vitamin E that gently cleanse, soften, and fragrance your skin.  Our exclusive Coconut Pineapple is a luscious blend of creamy coconut and juicy pineapple."  Originally, I prefered the Coconut Mango to this fragrance but I retried them all and this one became a lovely pina colada scent on the skin.  The shower gel rinses clean and leaves a bit of yummy pina colada scent on my skin when I get out.  So sad that this one is limited edition for this summer!

Harajuku Lovers 'G' - "Never one to get lost in a crowd, G leads her crew in a white corseted top and a blue mini-skirt, a la Alice in Wonderland.  Quirky, unique, and undeniably cool, G is the leader of the pack.  Her scent is an oriental, fruity, gourmand fragrance with notes of fresh coconut, jasmine, and cotton woods.  Notes include - Mandarin, Coconut, Apple Skin, Jasmine Sambac, Freesia, Magnolia, Coconut Cream, White Sandalwood, Cotton Woods."  This is another fragrance that I have been wearing all summer, it is really rare that one season for me that one season is dominated by two fragrances.  This scent is a coconut and vanilla blend that smells warm and beacy but is also sophisticated at the same time since it contains the floral notes.  I always think of the summer and the beach when I smell this fragrance!

Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tint in Quickie - "A sheer, buildable cheek tint that glides on effortlessly and feels truly weightless.  This cheek tint can be applied on top of foundation or bare skin without that powdery, cakey effect that can result from use of powder blush.  The formula is loaded with good-for-you ingredients like Vitamins A, C, and E, so your skin gets nourishment and protection along with a dose of healthy-looking color."  Quickie is described as a "light pink" but stills goes quite bright.  This product applies quickly, blends easily, and stays in place all day (even through 100% humidity).  This formula works best over foundation but still works quite well without the use of the base product.  Lately many of my looks have been based around vivid cheeks and this is the product that I reach for over and over again.

These are the five products that I have been finding myself reach for over any others for the past few weeks.  As the summer comes to an end, I will continue to keep you all in loop with my favorites then.  Maybe do a current favorites at the end of each month?

photo courtesy of China Glaze

No comments: