Saturday, August 27, 2011

MAC MAC Me Over - Shirley and Nicole

The MAC Me Over collection for Shirley and Nicole is the part of the collection that I think will be the most popular.  Shirley and Nicole's collection is more dramatic than Rachel and Ian and contains the products that would create a smoky eye, the most requested look from ladies getting makeovers.  This collection is the one that is the most traditional "fall" collection which is another reason that I think that it will sell out the fastest of all the collections. 

"Featuring runway-ready Lipsticks, strong smoky Eye Shadows, stylish Nail Lacquers, and new Fluidlines, this collection is the latest in pure blacks with hints of rich purples, plums, blues, and greens that MAC artists have been using backstage."  These new Fluidlines look fantastic as do the new Nail Lacquers.  I suspect that I will find a lot of items that I want to buy from this part of the collection.

Shirley and Nicole for MAC Me Over...

Evil Eye: Eye Shadow x 4 - From our artist backstage palettes to your reality, a foursome of darkly divine, rich shades ideal for creating smoky, sultry eyes.  Includes Evil Eye, Palace Pedigreed, Spellcaster, and Moody.
- Palace Pedigreed - deep berry with dark soft pink pearl (Satin)
- Spellcaster - blackened violet (Matte)
- Evil Eye - blackened green (Veluxe Pearl)
- Moody - deep yellow gray (Matte)

Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish.  Goes on "foolproof" with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action.  Long-wearing.  Smudge-proof.  Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes.  Brush sold separately.
- Dark Envy - blackened green
- Dark Diversion - darkened plum
- Midnight Blues - blackened blue
- Avenue - charcoal black with gold pearl

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- Runaway Red - rich red-blue
- Rebel - vivid pinkish-purple (Satin)
- Prince Noir - deep blue-purple
- Smoked Purple - deep eggplant purple

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula.  Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted.  Visibly different.  Provides no-streak/no-chip finish.  Contains conditioners and UV protection.  Go hi-lacquer!
- Purple Majesty - deep purple
- Deep Sea - deep teal

211 Pointed Liner Brush - An extra-fine tipped synthetic fibre brush that delivers an exact, definite, even stroke when lining the eyes.  Perfect with any formula!

So far this is my favorite part of this collection, the shades are really unique and will be perfect for going into the fall season.  I love the whole collection but my favorite piece is the Runaway Red Lipstick, I love red lipsticks from MAC and I would love to add this shade to my collection.  This one looks a bit deeper than either MAC Red or Russian Red and looks more like Ruby Woo.  Since Ruby Woo isn't in my collection yet, this shade would be a great purchase for me.

My second favorite piece of the collection is the Avenue Fluidline, this black shade has a gold shimmer it to which will really bring out the blue in my eyes, I love black eye liners to begin with and the additional fleck of gold makes this one a unique pick.  The eye shadow quad looks good on the website, however two of the shades are Mattes and I don't tend to get along well with MAC's mattes.  I will have to swatch this at the counter before I make a decision.  Las but not least, I want both of the Nail Lacquers, though I think that I prefer Deep Sea if I had to make a choice.

Time to see what else is waiting for us in MAC Me Over.  So far, this collection has huge universal appeal and it should go over really well.

photo courtesy of Macy*s 

No comments: