Saturday, February 9, 2013

Aveda Spring 2013 Collection - Art of Nature


Aveda is still a brand that I am somewhat newer to, the salon that I go to carries the makeup and skincare lines but I have progressed any further than looking at the displays and gazing at all the pretty makeup colors.  Not that I need another makeup line to collect items from, but Aveda is very unique and contains many formulas that are much more natural than many of the products that I currently use.  So far, I have been most enamoured with the blushes and many of the eye shadow shades, the lip glosses and lipstick lines don't contain unique shades and I already own many of them.  I have a hair appointment at the end of next month so I will be following up with some products reviews if I decide to purchase from the makeup line.

I am hoping that my salon has the new spring collection from Aveda on the makeup table by the next time that I am visiting there.  Art of Nature is the newest collection from this company and it contains products for every facial feature in hues of reds and pinks.  The model for the collection has pale skin and reddish hair so I know that this collection will have products and shades that are flattering for me.  I am in the market for a pinkish red lipstick, this is the one hue of red lipstick that I don't own and I want to add to it my collection by very early spring. 

The new collection from Aveda is called Art of Nature and contains a series of lip products and shades that will be perfect for the spring and summer months.  I can see red and pink lip hues already and I can see that this will be a great spring collection for me.

Here is the newest collection from Aveda!

Petal Essence Single Eye Shadow Color - Let eyes blossom, with our flower wax-infused, soft-to-the-touch shadow. A silky powder-both color-true and crease-resistant-that builds and blends effortlessly, surrounded by a soft floral aroma. Shades from shimmering to matte.  Non-fading.  Talc- and mineral oil-free.  Ophthalmologist-tested.  Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) clamshell and paper sleeve.
- 984 Bare Bellis - satiny baby pink

Petal Essence Face Accents - Let your color bloom: bronze, highlight, flush or blush with our flower-based face powder bouquets. Blend and build, with a trio of long-wearing colors inspired by—and infused with—aromatic florals.  Tri-color palettes.  Talc- and mineral oil-free.  Infused with a soft floral aroma, with certified organic lavender.  Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) clamshell and paper sleeve.
- Hibiscus - nude highlighter to soft coral to bright coral

Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color - Plumps naturally over time-without irriatation.  Smooths appearance of fine lines by 26%.  Increases moisture by 26%.  With refreshing organic spearmint and vanilla flavor.  New packaging reduces waste by 33%.
- 914 Sheer Melochia Bloom - light baby coral

Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color - 75% of women noticed fuller lips after 2 weeks.  Smooths appearance of fine lines by 26%.  Increases moisture by 26%.  With refreshing organic spearmint and vanilla flavor.  New packaging reduces waste by 33%.
- 913 Cana - intense red orange

Nourish-Mint Lip Liner - Feed your lips-with luscious, creamy color that shapes and defines-made richer with plant waxes and fruit butters. Nourish-mint Lip Liners provides generous coverage while helping to reduce feathering of other lip color. Refreshing, with certified organic peppermint flavor.  Infused with our U.S.-patented Berry/Lipid Moisture Complex to help protect and replenish.  With certified organic jojoba plus plant lipids to lend moisture.  Pencil made of responsibly-sourced pine.  Housed in a 80% post consumer recycled carton.
- 916 Cocoa Bean - matte sienna
- 917 Barberry Bloom - matte intense red-orange

Petal Essence Eye Definer - Drawn from jasmine petals and geranium leaves, aromatic flower waxes make this formula creamy, blendable, smooth. Line, define, accent, or shade—our pencil stays color-true on eyes or brow, while still respecting the delicate skin around the eye.  Ophthalmologist-tested.  FSC logo on pencil indicates wood came from well-managed forests certified in accordance with the rules of the Forest Stewardship Council.
- 918 Wild Indigo - matte midnight blue
- 990 Jade Vine - matte bright grass green

Nourish-mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze - Give them some lip-with 12 lip gloss shades, from nude to bold: infused with plant emollients and clinically proven to moisturize, plump and smooth the look of fine lines. Refreshes with an organic vanilla and mint aroma and flavor. After 8 weeks of use significantly.  Increases lip moisture by an average of 25%.  Taps peptide technology to plump lips by an average of 13%-for lips that appear naturally fuller.  Smooths the look of fine lines by an average of 26%.  Glides on smooth for even color release and a satin shine.  Nourishes, with pomegranate oil.  100% recycled newsprint shell.
- 915 Kukui - shiny cinnamon brown

I think that I like the two lipstick shades the best in this collection evne though the descriptions of them suggest slightly warmer tones than how they appear on the website pictures.  I now really need to see these colors at the salon and I hope that I can see them the next time that I visit.  The lighter shade could be perfect, I just hope that it not too peachy and it actually is more like how it appears o the website.  I have a feeling that this collection could be one of the best for me this spring or a total disaster.  This will be one of those collections that I need to see in real life before I purchase any of the shades from it...

photo courtesy of Aveda

No comments: