Monday, February 18, 2013

Bobbi Brown Spring 2013 Collection - Pink and Red Collection

This is the first of the Bobbi Brown spring collections, Pink and Red is the first collection that came out and I now see another collection right next to it on the Nordstrom website.  This company has a tradition of releasing multiple limited edition collections every single season, often with one or two stellar products that go on to become permanent pieces of their line.  I haven't had as much experience with this line as I would like to have had, I have tried a few pieces from Brown but it isn't yet a line that I purchase from regularly.  I have never found anyone at my local Sephora that can really help me with this collection and the counter in Macy*s almost never has anyone to help me at it.  I guess that I might just pick out a few products that I really want to try and then buy them the next time that I am at Sephora.  I find the lip glosses and lipsticks to be the most promising looking pieces of this line and I know that Bobbi Brown started out by making a small line of lipsticks and that her lip products are among the best in the industry.

The Pink and Red collection is the first spring collection that I have seen from Bobbi Brown and we are going to start spring coverage of her collections with it.  Looking at this collection in detail shows me that it actually is more of a Valentine's Day collection but the holiday hasn't been past that long and these shades are still wearable for the rest of the spring.  It looks like more and more beauty companies are seeing the value of creating a special collection for Valentine's Day.  It's good business to me; if you are single then you are more likely to treat yourself with a little beauty gift to stay happy on this day or if you are in a relationship than you are usually getting dressed up to go out that night and are treating yourself to an a new outfit and all the assorted trappings.

This collection is on the Nordstrom website and I will pull all of my information from there.  "The Pink & Red Collection isn't about matching lips, cheeks and nails. It's about deliberately mismatching. Color blocking and unexpected combinations - a very modern mix."  Pink and red lip shades are my two favorite shades for both lipstick and lip gloss so this will be a very promising collection for me!

Here is the Pink and Red collection!

Pink and Red Creamy Matte Lip Color - Bobbi's revolutionary Creamy Matte Lip Color combines the look of a classic matte lip with incredible wearability. Creamy and moisturizing, it glides on comfortably and feels light as air. Not to mention its staying power won't budge for eight hours.
How to use: Swipe directly onto the lips from the tube or use a lip brush for a more precise application. Bobbi's favorite method: Apply a generous amount of lipstick on the bottom lip and then smack the lips together.
- Heart - deep blue red with a matte finish
- Hot - deep cool pink with a matte finish

Pink and Red Collection Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all of her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine and a hint of vanilla scent. Bobbi's lip gloss is formulated with softening botanical extracts, including oils of avocado, jojoba and chamomile, with soothing aloe to keep lips soft and supple. The tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro.
- Cherry - deep cool cherry red cream
- Pretty in Pink - medium cool blue pink cream

Pink and Red Collection Sheer Color Cheek Tint - Bobbi's new Sheer Color Cheek Tint gives cheeks natural-looking color. The translucent, lightweight formula glides on and blends evenly into skin. Packaged in a travel-sized swivel-up stick for convenient and easy application.
- Sheer Cherry - sheer cool red
- Sheer Pink - sheer medium cool blue pink

Pink and Red Collection Nail Polish - Long-lasting polish delivers notice-me color in fuchsia pink and bright cherry red. Perfectly pretty alone or paired together for a modern, colorblocked mix.
- Pink Valentine - medium cool magenta pink cream
- Valentine Red - deep cool blue red cream

This will be a very dangerous collection for me, none of the shades are very unique and I think that own all of the lip and nail polish shades already but I still want to see if they are still in stock at the counter (only several pieces are still available on the Nordstrom website).  I want the two lipstick shades the most and I would wear both of these shades in the spring and then again next fall and winter, if I love the formula, these could truly become new staples of my collection.  The same logic applies to the lip glosses, I think that I prefer the pink shade over the red but I would like to purchase both of them.  All of the same comments apply to the nail polishes in this collection, I don't need them but I certainly want them.  I am not going to comment on the Cheek Stains in this collection since they are already sold out on the Nordstrom website and since it is after Valentine's Day, I doubt that these products will come back in stock again.  If they do, then I would be tempted by the pink shade but not the red. 

Time to start building up the Bobbi Brown products in my traincase...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: