Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bath and Body Works America's Sweethearts

The last time that we talked about Bath and Body Works was well before Christmas and I was picking up a bunch of the Holiday Traditions products and making Forever Red one of my new fragrances for the winter months.  The holidays have come and gone and now the product line looks very different than it did several months ago.  Last month, the company brought back it's Island collection of limited edition Signature Collection products, the exact same ones as last year were released so I thought that we could safely skip over them (if you wish to see them for the first time, go to January 2012 in my blog and you can read all about the scents and products in that collection).  Along with that Island Signature Collection came out all the tropical and spring floral candles, several of which have already been added to my collection and I still have many more that I want to buy this spring.

America's Sweethearts has just come out on the website for the company and I actually bought some of the items at the store last night.  I first smelled the small lotions in these fragrances last month and I didn't really have a favorite until I played around with them last night and found one that I really liked on my skin.  Initially, I liked the Honey Sweetheart in the bottle but not that much on my skin and Daisy Dreamgirl ended up being fragrance that I liked on my skin and ended up taking home with me.  The third fragrance is named Berry Flirt and I never really like berries on my skin chemistry so I knew that I would skip over this one as soon as I saw the name of the fragrance.

Honey Sweetheart is the first of the three fragrances that we will look at, this one reminds me the most of a Valentine's Day fragrance and matched all the Valentine's Day decorations in the store.  Honey Sweetheart is described as "seriously sweet bursts of candied violets and pink sugar" and smells like the Sweetheart candies in the bottle.   The top notes of the fragrance are: Italian Mandarin, Grapefruit, White Peach.  The heart notes are: Apple Blossom, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Lily of the Valley.  The base notes are: Cedarwood, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Candy Heart Accord.  I can see this one being very popular as it will remind many people of a lighter version of Pink Sugar but this fragrance was not for me.  I liked it in the bottle but when I put it on, it became instantly obvious that this fragrance was not compatible with my skin chemistry.  It is very light on me with just a hint of sweet vanilla fragrance, there was nothing wrong with it but this just isn't a fragrance that I would wear at all.

Daisy Dreamgirl is the second of the three fragrances and this is the fragrance that I ended up buying both the body products and a small Fragrance Mist of.  This fragrance is a light floral scent that is very different than the other two in the America's Sweethearts collection.  This fragrance is a mix of "delicate daisies and sparkling passion fruit" and I find it to be more on the floral side than the fruit side.  The top notes are: Italian Bergamot, Grapefruit, Magnolia, Maracuya, Pear.  The middle notes of the fragrance are: Lily of the Valley, Freesia, Jasmine, Passion Fruit.  The bottom notes are: Sandalwood, White Amber, Musk.  This fragrance comes out very floral on my skin and is a lovely light white floral fragrance that I will use throughout the spring.  This is my favorite of the three new fragrances and the only one that I bought from.

The last fragrance is Berry Flirt, a fragrance that I neither liked that much in the bottle and didn't really work well with my skin chemistry either.  Berry fragrances never work very well with my skin chemistry so I didn't expect this one to work at all.  This fragrance is the lightest of the three and is nearly a pure sweet berry scent.  It is a mix of "voluptuous berries and sparkling plum blossom".  the top notes are: Sparkling Plum Blossom, Crispy Apple, Iced Petals.  The middle notes of the fragrance are: Peach Blossom, Candy Violet, Camellia.  The bottom notes are: Benzoin, Vanilla Bean, Velvet Musk.  This fragrance will be great if your skin chemistry works well with berries, I can see this fragrance being a light sweet spring and summer scent and if berry notes worked on me than I would really like this scent.

The products are available in the normal Signature Collection products; the Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, and Triple Moisture Body Cream.  In addition to these products, the Honey Sweetheart is available in a hair spray that creates fake bronze streaks in the hair and all the fragrances have a lip gloss to them.  I bought the Shower Gel, Body Lotion, and Triple Moisture Cream in the Daisy Dreamgirl.  I then added a small Fine Fragrance Mist in the Daisy Dreamgirl to my purchase.  I don't think that I would use up the full size in the Fragrance Mist but I will use the small one throughout this spring and summer, if I fall madly in love with it after wearing it several times then I will buy it in the full size but the collection is limited edition so that is a decision that I will have to make pretty soon.

Overall, this is a cute collection and I am sure that everyone will love at least one or two of the fragrances.  Daisy Dreamgirl is my favorite but I would have been open to buying Honey Sweetheart if I smelled a bit stronger on me.  This isn't my favorite collection ever but it is a cute little collection for Valentine's Day and spring.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: