Saturday, February 2, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls

Archie's Girls is finally fully up on the MAC website and we are going to begin checking all the new items out and deciding what I am going to buy from this collection.  I put out my Most Wanted list for this month and my four favorite pieces from the collections made that list.  This collection is divided into four sections, today we are going to look at the base collection from Archie's Girls and then the makeup cases and bags that are exclusive to the website.  Tomorrow we will look at the products that were made for Betty and Veronica, there are small collections that were made for each girl, complete with shades for them and clever matching names.  I do remember Archie Comics from when I was a kid and Veronica was always my favorite in each edition.  I am predicting that I will love both of these collection equally and will want to order multiple shades and products from each line. 

I am going to start with the base collection from Archie's Girls, this collection carries the eye and face makeup that forms the back bone of the collection.  The Eye Shadow x 4 in Caramel Sundae is one of my early favorites from this collection, it contains rose and neutral shades and will be perfect for me.  This is the first piece that will be going into my shopping cart!

"The ravishing rivals for Archie's affection inspire a colour collection celebrating their iconic personas. Smoulder in deep and seductive tones inspired by spoiled rich girl Veronica or beam like blonde-next-door Betty in soft and innocent shades for eyes and face. So gorgeous in exclusively designed packaging. Limited edition."  It seems like the Betty shades will work well in the daylight hours and then the Veronica shades will be the best at night.  Just more reasons for me to collect every piece of the collection!

I am so excited!  Here we go with Archie's Girls!

Eye Shadow x 4: Caramel Sundae - An Eye Shadow Quad in four shades: Caramel Sundae, Cheryl Chic, Dreammaker and Showstopper. The highly pigmented powder formula applies evenly, blends and builds beautifully. Limited-edition Archie's Girls packaging.
- Cheryl Chic - light coral pink (Frost)
- Dreammaker - pale frosty yellow (Frost)
- Caramel Sundae - midtone warm tan (Satin)
- Showstopper - dark cool-toned brown (Matte)

Eye Shadow x 4: Spoiled Rich - An Eye Shadow Quad in four shades: Ron Ron Run, Spoiled Rich, Pin-Up Purple and Gravel. The highly pigmented powder formula applies evenly, blends and builds beautifully. Limited-edition Archie's Girls packaging.
- Pin-up Purple - midtone orchid (Frost)
- Spoiled Rich - rich purple (Frost)
- Ron Ron Ron - deep navy (Satin)
- Gravel - charcoal (Matte)

Betty Pigment - Highly concentrated loose colour powder to create a subtle wash of colour or intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend, long-lasting. Limited-edition packaging features Betty.
- Cheers My Dear - light lavender
- Lucky in Love - shimmering light blue green

Veronica Pigment - Highly concentrated loose colour powder to create a subtle wash of colour or intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend, long-lasting. Limited-edition packaging features Veronica.
- Black Poodle - blackened pink
- Magic Spells - blackened teal

Betty Opulash Optimum Black - Superlative style and state-of-the-art science merge in limited-edition Betty packaging. A new formula in a more saturated, intense black with extra-volumization, expansion and curl delivered dramatically with our most bodacious brush yet. Lasts 15 hours.

Veronica Opulash - Superlative style and state-of-the-art science merge in limited-edition Veronica packaging. A new formula in a more saturated intense black with extra-volumization, expansion and curl delivered dramatically with our most bodacious brush yet. Lasts 15 hours.

Archie's Girl Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner - An eye pencil that provides rich, luxurious colour with a touch of shimmer and sparkle. Smooth, creamy formula glides on for a perfectly intense line, yet its soft texture allows you to blend. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Limited-edition Archie's Girls packaging.
- Lord it Up - bronze with pearl
- Black Swan - black with gold pearl
- Petrol Blue - deep navy with pearl
- Designer Purple - violet with pearl

Betty Powder Blush - Blush like Betty with the all-new shade Cream Soda, a light neutral coral for cheeks and face with a satin finish. In a special compact featuring Archie's favourite Blonde-Next-Door. Limited edition.
- Cream Soda - light neutral coral

Veronica Powder Blush - Va-Va-Veronica goes violet with the all-new shade Prom Princess, a mid-tone pink berry for cheeks and face with a satin finish. In a special compact featuring Archie's smouldering seductress. Limited edition.
- Prom Princess - midtone violet pink

Archie's Girls Pearlmatte Face Powder - Love is in the details with all-new Pearlmatte Face Powder combining pearlized and satin shades to achieve an array of looks. Hearts are adorably stamped onto the base. Effortlessly blends with a rich and creamy texture. Use for highlighting and blush effects or as an Eye Shadow with a velvet-smooth finish. Limited-edition Archie's Girls packaging.
- Flatter Me - golden peach with coral hearts
- Veronica's Blush - silvery pink base with deep pink hearts

The two items that I wanted the most on from this part of the base collection is the Eye Shadow x 4 in Caramel Sundae and the Veronica Powder Blush in Prom Princess and now both of these products are sitting in my Shopping Cart on the website.  The Eye Shadow x 4 in Caramel Sundae contains roses and neutrals that will be perfect for my blue eyes and will mix well with all the neutral shades that I already own.  The Veronica Powder Blush is a deep pink that I will love on my cool-toned skin.  I am so excited to receive these items.

On my second shopping trip from this collection, I still have a few more pieces that I will want.  I will wait a few weeks until MAC restocks this collection and visit the counters this time around so that I can see every single tester.  I want the Eye Shadow x 4 in Spoiled Rich however I wouldn't use it as much as the other, this one will be better for nighttime looks.  I would only use the deep navy shade as an eyeliner but I love both of the violet hues.  This would be a very nice addition to my eye makeup collection but I won't die if I can't get my hands on it.  I would also like to buy the Pearlmatte Face Powder in Veronica's Blush, I would use this only as a blush not a highlighter.  I doubt that this product will be restocked (based on my experience with MAC) so I considered ordering this product instead of the Prom Princess but Veronica's Blush has a stronger Frost finish and I wouldn't have worn it near as much as the Prom Princess Blush.

The Opulash Mascara and the Pearlglide Eye Liners in Lord it Up and Black Swan are also items that would be nice to own but aren't very unique.  These will be among the last items to sell out so I can get them at any time.  They are nice shades but I could find them in many beauty product lines so I won't be running to the counters for these.  The Pigments and the Betty Blush will just be skipped over, none of them are my style.

The base collection of Archie's Girls will get us started and next we will look at the Online Exclusives for the collection.  I can't say that I am all that excited for the Online Exclusives part, I wouldn't buy any of the makeup bags in this collection.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: