Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Beauty Loves Week Day Four - The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

We are now at the middle of the Beauty Loves Theme Week and we have looked at lip gloss, perfume, and nail polish favorites of mine.  Today we are going to look at the product that has emerged as my favorite body product and the one that I have repurchased more times than I can remember.  In addition to my huge makeup and perfume collections, I have more body products than I could ever use up in five years so when I have one that I repurchase as soon as I am getting close to running out of it, then you know it is a great product and one that I cannot do without.  The Mango Body Butter from The Body Shop is a key product for me, it moisturizes my skin when it is at its driest point in the winter months yet is never greasy or heavy in the warm weather.  It also helps that the mango scent is perfect and (in my opinion) is the best mango fragrance on the market today.

I first used this product during the summer of 2004 and I cannot even remember how many times that I have purchased it since them.  I have continued to purchase not only the Body Butter in this fragrance but I have owned almost every single Mango product over the years.  All of the products are great but this butter is the best moisturizer that I have ever tried.  I can use this butter any time of the year and it has come through when my skin is so dry that is hurts or when I get too much sun at the beach.

"Our super-rich and creamy Body Butter is a feast for the skin. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains Community Fair Trade cocoa butter and has an exotic mango scent. 24-hour hydration.  Great for very dry skin Exotic mango scent."

This thick body butter manges to really hydrate my skin and to help it retain the moisture throughout the day.  This is one of those products that can be worn all year long; as I stated above, it is thick enough to hydrate when my skin is very dry during the fall and winter yet not greasy and doesn't feel heavy on the skin during the spring and summer months.  Normally, most of my body products can be used in either warm or cold weather, warm weather products need to be lighter and cold weather products need to be really heavy or my skin gets dry again within an hour or two of application.  The Mango Body Butter quickly absorbs into my skin and keeps it feeling soft and hydrated throughout the day, normally I one or the other from many body creams but this one somehow combines the best of both aspects and is a superior formula.   I need very little of this product and a jar of it lasts a very long time, the hydrated effect also lasts the whole day and I don't need to reapply near as much as I do with other brands and formulas. 

Based on how much I love the Mango Body Butter, I have bought and used other Body Butters from The Body Shop but I always return to the Mango every time that I visit the store.  It is at the point where I order or purchase two of these when I visit Ulta or a Body Shop store, as soon as I get low on it I immediately need to get more as I could not imagine my collection without it.  As much as the formula makes me love this butter, it is the fragrance that makes me want the Mango instead of buying any of the other scents (only the Coconut can even come close to my love of the Mango), I love the scent of mango and I will try any candle or product with this scent and this one has remained my favorite for years now...

photo courtesy of The Body Shop

No comments: