Monday, February 4, 2013

Butter London Spring 2013 Collection - Sweetie Shop

One of the spring collections that I have been stalking for the past few weeks is now up on the company's website and I could not be more excited to start looking at the new Butter London nail polish shades!  I have been in love with Butter London polishes for about a year now and I want to add some more to my collection, I see that some shades are now available on the Sephora website but I have never seen any of them at the stores.  It is nice that I now have another place to find shades because both of the Ultas that are in driving distance to me tend to sell out of these shades very quickly.  Case in point - it took me seven months of visits for the stars to align and for All Hail the Queen to finally be available when I was at the store.  I don't know if the demand is just that high or if the shipments are very spotty but it often takes me more than one try to get the shades that I want from this line and the website for Ulta is often no better at having what I want in stock.  All this tells me is that I will have to hunt for the shades that I want the most from the spring collection and to not give up when I can't find them until May...

This collection for spring consists of six new shades of polish, one that is neutral and the others are colorful hues.  I had seen pictures of Fiver and Molly Coddled in magazines for this month and these are my two favorite shades so far from the collection.  I am ready for pastels on my hands and toes and it appears that there will be some great choices in this collection.  And the name Sweetie Shop just makes me think of an ice cream shop and all the pretty shades that are in the counter.

The Nordstrom website provides the best description of the polish formula and background that I can find (even better than the company's website) so I have included this to help anyone who is not familiar with this brand.  "What is 3 Free? butter LONDON is a 3 Free company: no formaldehyde, no toluene, no DBP (dibutyl phthalate). This luxury nail lacquer is high-fashion, heavily pigmented and safe. butter LONDON believes in rock 'n' roll. Great Britain. And Fashion."  And so do their legions of fans...

The new shades in the Sweetie Shop collection are...

- Cuppa - toasted opaque tan creme
- Fiver - opaque icy mint creme
- Fruit Machine - opaque punchy carnation creme
- Jasper - opaque bright pastel yellow creme
- Kerfuffle - opaque coral pink creme
- Molly Coddled - opaque orchid creme

Molly Coddled is my favorite shade and it is the picture that I have included here so that everyone can see how pretty this shade is and how perfect it will be for spring!  I will be adding this shade to my Most Wanted list for next month and I will begin the search for it.  In fact, I want flats in this hue and a cardigan too.  This might just be one of the prettiest lavender shades that I have seen lately.

Fiver is also very high on my shopping list, I don't have a mint green shade and I have been wanting one ever since I started seeing spring nail polishes in magazines, this one will be coming home with me from Ulta the next time that I can find it.  Fruit Machine is a great shade for spring and summer also and I would like to take this bubble gum pink home with me too.  I have been talking recently about my issues with storing nail polishes and this collection is only going to make the problem worse but I love these three hues and I will be adding to my polish collection this spring!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: