Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beauty Loves Week Day Seven - Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Facial Serum

Today is the last day of my Beauty Loves Theme Week and I am hoping that at least one of two things have occurred for you this week; first I hope that I have shown you all one or two new products that you will want to try out for yourself, and secondly I hope that you have thought about some of your favorite beauty products and how much you have come to love them over the years.  Over this week, we have looked makeup, perfumes, and one of the best body products in the world but we haven't talked about any type of skincare product yet.  Today we change that, Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Facial Serum is a product that I have raved over for years and was a natural to make a Beauty Loves Week.  I was not one of the lucky ladies that was blessed with perfect skin and I have to use multiple products every single to keep it clear, hydrated, and to reduce the redness.  There are very few skincare products that I love and I almost always seem to be trying new products, especially facial serums and hydrators.  The Vinoperfect Serum from Caudalie is one of the few that I have never hesitated to repurchase and will rave about to anyone that is interested in the skincare line.

Caudalie is a French skincare line that is based around the concept on Vinotherapie, the use of grape-seed anti-oxidants to protect and repair the skin.  My skin is sensitive and easily irritated so I have issues with products that have excess chemicals or unnatural fragrances in them and make my skin worse than before use.  I have never had problems with anything from Caudalie and at this point I have purchased almost every single product in the line.  I was first recommended the Vinoperfect Serum in late 2006, when Bath and Body Works still carried this line of skincare.  I bought a bottle or it and used it twice a day as directed.  Within a week, I was getting all kinds of compliments on how lovely my skin looked and how good I looked overall.  The best compliments are the ones on my skin, it is very easy to apply a flattering lipstick shade but much harder to reap results from the perfect skincare product!

"A highly concentrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots, promotes even skintone, and boosts radiance.  Highly concentrated with naturally powerful Viniferine, this satiny serum counters existing dark spots such as acne marks, scars, and damage, while preventing their reappearance revealing a brighter, more even complexion.  This non-comedogenic, oil-free formula is perfect for all skin types. For best results, use Vinoperfect Day Fluid or Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Cream in the morning and Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream in the evening. Viniferine, a natural compound found in vine sap known to brighten, lighten, and even skin, was patented by Caudalie in 2004."

"Based on in vitro testing, conducted by the Montpellier Faculty of Pharmacy, of the inhibiting action of Viniferine on tyrosinase:
- 62 times more effective than vitamin C
- 4 times more effective than kojic acid
- 13 times more effective than arbutin in boosting skin radiance and fighting dark spots
In a test carried out on 20 volunteers after use of Vinoperfect Regimen, under dermatological control:
- Volunteers saw disappearance of one or more dark spots after 56 days."

I have no issues with dark spots but this serum was recommended to me to help soothe and redness the appearance of the redness in my cheek area.  This serum is recommended for problem skin types and helps to soothe and uses plant botanicals to brighten the skintone.  This product reduces the redness in my cheek area and improves my overall facial complexion.  This is one of the few brightening serums that I have found to really work as it promises...and without irritating skin.  Some of the brightening serums that are effective have Vitamin C or Kojic Acid is, both very effective brightening ingredients, but ones that can be very irritating to my skin and are pretty touch and go for me.  This serum from Caudalie is one of the very few products that I have tried to far and manages to marry being effective and not irritating my already inflamed skin. 

This week has allowed me to look back on some of the products that I have come to love over the years and will continue to repurchase and use until they are no longer available.  All of these beauty products have lasted longer than my relationships and even though I am single this Valentine's Day, I still have some items to reflect on and love!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: