Friday, February 8, 2013

Illamasqua Spring 2013 Collection - I'm Perfection

My love for Illamasqua is never-ending and I have been patiently waiting for their spring collection to come out ever since they released their very limited edition Valentine's Day collection (and Raindrops is still out of stock!) and I just received the email that the next collection is up on the website and will be coming to other retailers within days.  I have been hearing all kinds of hype about the new type of Nail Varnishes that will be debuting with this collection and everyone knows how much I love any type of Nail Varnish from this company, I recently tried a polish with their Rubber finish and found a new type of polish to want and purchase.  I really need my local Sephora to carry everything in this color collection, I am happy that my store carries a few of the Nail Varnishes in the Nail Bar however I pretty have bought all of the ones that I want from there and still want so many more items in the line.

I first thought that this collection was named L'imperfection, French for "imperfection" but I think that it could be either of the names and both of them would fit with the philosophy of both the company and this collection itself.  "Stand up and show the world what makes you perfectly imperfect.  We want you to highlight the features that other brands encourage you to cover up.  Beacuse life isn't about finding yourself, life is about celebrating who you really are."  This collection features a huge egg in many of the collection photos but I still don't know that I totally understand the significance of the egg with the crack in it and the pigment that is pouring out of it.  Maybe I will learn more about this as the collection gets more exposure.

This collection looks really exciting, I see a new Blush Duo, a new Nail Varnish formula, and a new bright pink Lipstick shade.  I might as well just get my Most Wanted List out right now and start working on March...

Here is the newest collection from Illamasqua!

Precision Ink - Create looks with attitude that no one can ignore. Precision Ink's fine tip allows for defined application. Long-lasting and waterproof it's perfect for use anywhere on the face and body to bring out your bold side. You can even use it as an nail art pen; simply seal with Illamasqua Top Coat.
- Abyss - gloss black

Powder Blusher Duo - Lover and Hussy - Featuring two beautiful matt Powder Blusher shades, Lover (Soft apricot) and Hussy (Candy Pink), the new Powder Blusher Duo, a first for Illamasqua, comes in a gorgeous compact with a mirror. Illamasqua Powder Blushers are highly pigmented, use them to shade, brighten, enhance and contour. Be bold; be daring and most importantly be the center of attention this party season.
- Lover - soft apricot
- Hussy - candy pink

Powder Blusher Duo - Katie and Ambition - Featuring two beautiful matt Powder Blusher shades, Katie (Candy Pink) and Ambition (Neutral), the new Powder Blusher Duo, a first for Illamasqua, comes in a gorgeous compact with a mirror. Illamasqua Powder Blushers are highly pigmented, use them to shade, brighten, enhance and contour. Be bold; be daring and most importantly be the center of attention this party season.
- Katie - candy pink
- Ambition - neutral

Powder Blusher Duo - Beg and Bronzerella - Featuring two beautiful matt Powder Blusher shades, Beg (Dusky Rose) and Bronzerella (Copper Broze), the new Powder Blusher Duo, a first for Illamasqua, comes in a gorgeous compact with a mirror. Illamasqua Powder Blushers are highly pigmented, use them to shade, brighten, enhance and contour. Be bold; be daring and most importantly be the center of attention this party season.
- Beg - dusky rose
- Bronzerella - copper bronze

Lipstick - Let your lips speak volumes. Indulge in colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from creamy matt to iridescent finishes. Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and doesn't give up without a fight for the perfect all-night pout. A must have for professional make-up artists, and those who want to make a statement.
- Immodest - vivid pink with matte finish

Intense Lip Gloss - Come out of the shadows with high-shine, colour-rich Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in a wide range of bold colours. Create lips that look full and glossy, without feeling sticky with this "liquid lipstick". Draw attention to your lips, and to you.
- Shoot - leaf green

Blush Up Brush - Challenging conventional blusher application, Illamasqua's all-new Blush Up Brush has an innovative, ellipse shaped head, designed to tuck directly under the cheekbone. Creating a soft diffusion of colour up onto the cheekbone, combine the Blush Up Brush with your favourite Powder Blusher Duo shades for a look that defines, elongates and slims the face in one simple movement.

Nail Varnish - A spectrum of bold shades with a range of finishes including matt, rubber and high-gloss. Award-winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity. Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.
- Freckle - speckled neutral
- Fragile - speckled blue
- Mottle - speckled green
- Scarce - speckled pink
- Speckle - speckled lilac

I love this collection and the new Nail Varnishes might be among my favorite products of the entire spring season, I must buy at least one or two of these shades.  I found a picture of the egg on the company's Facebook page and it includes a picture of every single nail polish shade on the model holding the object.  I fI have to pick my favorites from the new polishes, I love the Speckle shade (lilac) and the Mottle shade (pale green).  I am without many pale lilacs and mint greens on my polish collection and these are among the most unique that I have ever seen.  The speckled finish is brand new to the industy and I feel that a new trend will be sparking over the next few months.  The Nail Varnishes are my favorite pieces of the collection and I am just so excited to buy some more polishes from this company.

I was really excited for the Blusher Duo however the shades aren't quite what I had in mind.  I have issues with each of the Duos.  Lover and Hussy contains a shade that I already own (Hussy) and wear mostly in the summer when I have some kind of tan, I have barely made a dent in the surface of this shade in the past year and I have no reason to buy a back up especially when Lover is too warm for me to wear.  The next Duo is Katie and Ambition, Katie is one of my favorite shades from this line and if I really liked Ambition then I would order this Duo however I doubt that I would really use that shade.  Beg and Bronzerella won't work on me either so I guess there is just no reason for me to order any of these Duos.  So upset...

The last piece of this collection that gets me really excited is the Lipstick in Immodest, this bright matte pink will fit in perfectly with the look that I am creating for spring and this one will be ordered very soon.  The green Intense Lip Gloss is out, I could never pull this shade off but I would love to own it in a Nail Varnish.

I'm Perfection might be one of my favorite collections of the spring season, Illamasqua always creates collections and products that I end up falling madly in love with and is one ot the only companies that can rival my love for NARS, MAC, and Chanel!

photo courtesy of Illamasqua's Facebook page

No comments: