Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NARS And God Created The Woman Set

Today we are going to take a bit of a break from the spring collections and look at an eye palette that I have had my eye on for the past week or two.  NARS has come out with the new palette in question and this is one of the first eye shadow palette from them that I have been on the fence about, I am usually all over a new NARS palette.  There is nothing wrong with the palette, the first time that I saw I actually really liked it and was considering ordering it right away.  Well why didn't I?  I already own about half of the products in this palette and am really trying to decide if I would use these products enough to warrant owning more than one of these shades.  To top it off...I already own the brush that is part of this palette and I don't know how different the smaller-sized version of it is.  On first glance...I shouldn't need this palette and I should just skip over it.  But I really love the shades and the brush too!

What palette am I referring to?  I am looking at the newest palette from NARS, And God Created The Woman.  This is an eye shadow palette that contains a series of neutral shades that can create a neutral or dramatic smoky eye look.  And no one does eye makeup better than NARS.

As of right now, this palette is available only at Sephora and I will provide all the details that are found on their website.  "An eye shadow kit with six sultry shades, a travel-size Eye Shader Brush, and a medium Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base.  Captivating and compelling, this palette of six shimmering shadows shows off your sultry side. Created exclusively for Sephora, this sleek, travel-ready set also includes a mini Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Eye Shader Brush."

Here is what is contained in this palette!

Eye Shadow - Single-color eye shadows in an array of colors and textures.  Mix and match NARS Single Eyeshadows to create great-looking personal combinations for the eyes. Textures range from translucent highlights and subtle mattes to shimmering glitters.
- Alhambra - shimmering champagne
- Bellisima - matte taupe
- Kalahari - medium bronze
- Galapagos - rich brown with gold flecks
- Coconut Grove - matte deep taupe brown
- Night Clubbing - black with gold pearl

Pro-Prime Smudge-Proof Eye Shadow Base - A lightweight primer that creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder eye color looking brilliant, fresh, and just-applied all day.  This smudge-proof eye shadow base uses a unique polymer and mineral powder blend to get a firm grip on color for long-lasting, gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, it dries on contact and keeps the delicate eye lid smooth and ready for eye shadow application.  This fragrance-free product is ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested.
Eye Shader Brush - Sable hair brush domed for smooth application to wide areas, the crease of the eye, and the perfect blending tool for seamless color.

I can't deny that I would use every single one of these eye shadow shades and I would use them a lot throughout the year.  I already own Galapagos and Night Clubbing, deep shades that I don't use on a regular basis.  I mostly use these shades to create a dramatic eye look or as a liner in a more professional environment so these are not shades that I use every day.  If the shades that I owned from this palette where the highlighting shades, then I would be purchase this in a heartbeat as I use them like crazy and go through these faster than other shades.  On the other side of the debate...I love these shades and I can think of so many eye makeup looks that I would create with them.  Nothing in that palette would ever go to waste.

But do I really need that second Eye Shader Brush?  I will make my final decision after I see it in the stores and if it the same size or slightly smaller than the traditional version.  I use this brush almost every single day to apply highlighting shades and then to blend eye makeup.  I love this brush but that really doesn't mean that I need a second brush that is exactly the same. 

One of the pieces that pushes in the direction to order it is the Eye Primer, I love this formula and it is one of the few that I think really keeps any eye shadow in place.  This is one of the only products that can keep Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Eye Shadow from falling all over my face.  I wouldn't mind having another tube of this and I know that I would use it.

I will have to make my final decision after I see the brush in the stores.  Thoughts either way anyone?

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: