Saturday, August 4, 2012

Butter London Fall 2012 Collection

With the exception of Chanel and Illamasqua, one of the new collections that I am most excited for is from the British nail polish line Butter London.  I bought my first two Butters at the very end of March and I fell in love with formula after the first try.  The Butter London display at the two Ultas closest to me are almost always empty and I have to really track down the shades that I want the most.  It took my almost a year until the timing was right for me to be at Ulta when All Hail The Queen was finally in stock and I was at the store.  I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have order the shades that I want the most online, however I do believe that I saw that this line will now be available on the Sephora website.  I know that I have not seen it at the store but I am hopeful that it will soon be added to the famous Nail Bar in certain stores. 

This collection for fall was just released on both the Butter London facebook page and the company's website, I have not seen it anywhere else yet.  Fans of this company now have five new shades to choose from this fall, all of which will sell out very quickly and will be great additions to my polish collection.  This polish formula does not contain three of the biggest chemicals that are used in modern nail polish formulas, making it a higher quality formula.  Even without all the chemical additions, this formula nail polish still looks fantastic on the nail and wears almost a full week with very minor chipping.  It often makes me wonder how necessary some of the chemicals that are in many formulas actually are necessary...
These five shades are a range of textures and finishes, three of the shades are deeper-toned and the rest are pale cool tones.  I can't decide which of the groups are my favorite, the darker shades are lovely and unique but I can easily make any of the pale shades one of my everyday neutral looks. 

The lighter of the five shades is where I plan to begin.  The first of the shades is named Trustafarian, "a golden holographic finish gives this delightful sage green a surprising and sophisticated edge".  This shade is a pale sage green with a heavy golden shimmer.  I am on the fence about this polish, I love the pale sage shade and this shade would work very well on my skintone but I really wish that it had a silver shimmer instead of the gold.  It would be more flattering on me if it had a silver shimmer but I still want to see it in person and then I will make my final decision.  As of the pictures on the website, I don't think that I will be buying this polish shade.  The second of the lighter shades is one of my early favorites from the collection, Dodgy Barnett.  "A highly holographic lacquer in a classic shade that blurs the line between gray and silver."  This shade is a light shade of silver/gray with lots of shimmer in the finish.  I love this shade and I know that I would use it all the time, I use silvers all the time during the fall and winter so this one would work very well with the rest of my collection.

Now onto the deeper shades from this new collection.  Lovely Jubbly is my favorite shade of the whole collection and every photo of it that is posted on facebook only makes me want it more and more.  The picture included in this post is this color, it is beautiful and so very unique that I will be hard-pressed to find another shade like it.  "A vibrant magenta flecked with red, blue, and micro-particles.  This sultry glitter channels a distinctly retro, 70's feel.  High impact sparkle for Disco Divas."  This shade is a bright magenta with lots of shimmer in the finish, I have never seen a polish like this before and I am confident in stating that this one will be a top selling shade for the company.  The second of the deeper shades is Gobsmacked, a shade that might be tied with Lovely Jubbly as my favorite of the collection.  This shade is a deep charcoal that I would use as a neutral in the fall and winter months.  "A heavily pigmented charcoal gray glitter with a slightly textured finish.  This shade is unlike anything we've seen before -  a legend in the making!"  The texture looks as though it has a heavy glitter finish, I love this shade so much that I must buy this one as soon as I can find it.  The last of the polishes is my least favorite, it is the warmest of the shades and is designed to resembles that leaves that fall on the ground during this season.  I have always wanted to visit the English countryside during the fall months, I have heard that it is a breath-taking sight to behold.  "A high-shine metallic lacquer in a warm orange-burgundy hue.  Reminiscent of fallen Autumn leaves.  Sigh."  This shade is much too warm for me to pull off so I will be skipping over this one however this company got the shade exactly right, this one looks exactly like falling leaves and will look amazing on someone with a warmer skintone.  I predict another sellout with this shade.

Actually I predict that all three of the deeper-toned shades will be instant sell-outs and then become part of the cult favorites from this company.  If I could only pick one shade to purchase, I think that I would have to go with Gobsmacked, I love the deep charcoal and I will wear it all the time.  Lovely Jubbly would be my second choice even though I would only wear it when going out, it is too much for work or for use in the daytime.  Lastly, Dodgy Barnett will be another great choice for me, silvers are my version of a neutral int eh cold weather months and I love collecting Butter polishes.

photo courtesy of Butter London

No comments: