Monday, August 6, 2012

DKNY Be Delicious Heart London

DKNY's best selling fragrance is the crisp scented Be Delicious, I wore this fragrance back in college and is one of the few that I still wear throughout the spring and summer months.  This is one of the few fragrances that I have bought several bottles of and have purchased many variations of it.  DKNY has released many variations of this scent, starting with Red Delicious very soon after the actual release and then all the way to Golden Delicious early last fall, with many in between.  Some of the scents were limited edition, while some of them still remain the DKNY fragrance line-up.  Somehow I missed out on Golden Delicious last fall and have never smelled it, I remember reading that it was a deeper version of the original, designed for the fall and winter months.  To add to the fragrance list, this company has released four new versions of this fragrance for the end of the summer and fall months.  Be Delicious Heart London caught my eye instantly and was the first tester that I reached for the last time that I went to Sephora.  I was unable to try every single version the last time that I was there (there are four and I would have smelled awful had I tried them all!) so I will write about each one as a I try it out.

With all the Olympic coverage, Be Delicious Heart London was in the front of the display and I bet will sell out faster than the others.  We will start by reviewing the description and notes of the original fragrance and then looking how the Heart London version is different from the original.  I haven't pulled my bottle of the original out for a few months so I did go back and smell the original before I even tried to compare the two. 

The new versions seem to only be available at Sephora for the moment so all information and notes will come from this company's website.  The description of the original fragrance is right here, "A modern feast for the senses.  Served in a sleek metal and glass apple bottle, this juicy fragrance combines the scent of apple with a sophisticated blend of exotic flowers and sensual woods.  Like the city that inspired it, Be Delicious celebrates individuality with refreshing spirit."  This fragrance is a combination of crisp apples, light florals, and a light wood base. 

The notes of the original version are: American Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Candid Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose, Violet, Sandalwood, Tender Skin Accord, Blonde Woods, White Amber.  As I stated earlier, this fragrance is mostly apple on my skin, then the florals come out and it settles down into the wood notes.  This fragrance is the perfect crisp scent for the summer or for a professional environment.  Normally, I don't equate best selling scents with having the best fragrance note mixture, but this one is an exception.  This fragrance is a best seller because it smells great and is very versatile.

The Be Delicious Heart London is a floral version of the fragrance, English roses are among the best in world and one of the flowers that the country is known for.  Roses are my favorite flower and everyone knows that I collect and covet every rose fragrance on the market today.  "Get ready to take off on a scent-sational journey.  DKNY's Be Delicious Heart London promises to transport you to the chicest city one spritz at a time.  This ultra-mod fragrance features a delicious apple essence complimented with a blend of sweet rose and delicate white woods - surrounding everything that makes the country-meets-city scene of London unique.  DKNY loves London, rich in history, the most visited city of any in the world."

The notes of the Be Delicious Heart London are: Blackcurrant Buds, Spring Hyacinth, Neroli, Apple, Rose Essence, Honeysuckle, Orange Flower, White Woods, Amber, Vetiver. 

The Heart London version of the fragrance is very similar to the Fresh Blossom version of the fragrance, I would prefer to buy the London version but if I don't get a bottle of it before the limited edition sells out then I would be fine owning the traditional floral version of the fragrance.  The Heart London version of the fragrance is still strong on the apple but the rose and other white florals come out and remain on the skin for about two to three hours.  The wood notes come out the same as in the original and Fresh Blossom version.

I believe that the Heart London will be my favorite version of the new Be Delicious variations, I love the rose notes and the design of the London skyline on the bottle.  I plan to buy a bottle of this to put away for next spring however if I can't get my hands on it in time, then I will use the Fresh Blossom version instead.  Come to think of it...I will soon need a new bottle of the original too!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: