Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NARS New Wave Eye Shadow Palette

This week, NARS has released two brand new eye shadow palettes for the fall season, I love NARS palettes and the brand overall so this fall season is shaping up very well for me.  The hardest part of the next few weeks will be deciding what all I want to purchase and trying not to run the balance on my Visa card to new heights.  Every single time that I have gone into Sephora the past few years, I have been spraying myself with a different fragrance and have been leaving with a bag full of products.  My makeup collection is going to outgrow my traincase at the rate that this shoppiong season is going...

And then NARS introduced two brand new eye shadow palettes, I can already see myself buying even more NARS products than I have over the past few months.  Anyone that has been reading this blog knows that I purchased so many new NARS products over the spring and summer and now I am planning my shopping list for the fall months.  I have already bought the Too Faced Return of Sexy eye palette and I am looking to add at least one or two more eye palettes to my collection and then a few single shades, a few new liners, and at least one new mascara formula to my collection.  I am hoping that one of these NARS palettes will be making its way into my collection, I haven't bought many of their eye shadows recently and now I feel that I need to be changing that trend.

One of the palettes is filled with neutral shades and the other is filled with brights.  Today we are going to look at New Wave, the palette that contains three bright shades, two pales, and a black.  Bright eye makeup was a huge trend this summer and might continue a bit into the fall months but I don't see this palette being as easy to work with as the more neutral palette.  On the flip side, I have a feeling that this will be the better selling of the two palettes as it very unique and will create all kinds of eye makeup looks. 

"Leave no look unimagined.  Vibrant violets juxtapose with chartreuse and vivid blue in an edgy electro cool color palette for eyes."  I love the violet shades but the other brights might be way too much with my colored eyes.  This palette contains a combination of matte and shimmer finishes, all NARS eye shadows have a high pigment payoff and every single one that I own is a top pick of mine.

Matte Eye Shadow - Luminous light reflecting shades for shading, highlighting, and lining eyes.  Highly pigmented, longwearing, crease resistant colors that can be applied sheer or layered for more dramatic effects.  Color glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends effortlessly.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function: use for shading, highlighting, and lining the eyes.  Sophisticated, luminous shades.
- Outremer - bright true blue
- Daphne - matte deep violet
- Pandora - matte black (originally sold as Duo Eye Shadow)

Shimmer Eye Shadow - Luminous light reflecting shades for shading, highlighting, and lining eyes.  Highly pigmented, longwearing, crease resistant colors that ca be applied sheer for layered for more dramatic effects.  Color glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends effortlessly.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function: use for shading, highlighting, and lining the eyes.  Sophisticated, luminous shades.
- Jolie Poupee - pearlscent purple (originally sold as Duo Eye Shadow)
- Rated R - electric cobalt blue/shimmering chartreuse (originally sold as Duo Eye Shadow)

I love the violet hues in this palette but I would be more likely to buy the shades in the single version and the original Duo versions.  I have had Daphne used on me before by a NARS artist and I really liked the color payoff of it, it is very pigmented and was a bit too dramatic for what I was shopping for that day so I skipped over it.  I have been all about purples and plums for eyes this fall and now I think that I will be adding this one to my collection.  The other shade that I really like in this palette is the light shade in the Jolie Poupee Duo, I still would be more likely to buy the Duo itself than this palette. 

I think that I will be buying the more neutral palette, this one does not contain enough shades that I will wear to warrant a purchase.  However I still see this palette selling very well and if I had brown or hazel eyes, i would be all over ordering this as soon as I could.

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: