Monday, August 27, 2012

Sephora Collection Instant Eye Makeup Remover

I have never tried any of the new Sephora Collection skincare items, I have looked at them before when I was in the store but have never actually bought or heard very much about this collection.  Many of the products look very interesting and like some products that I would like to try however I tend to stick with many of my same, trusted skincare brands to minimize the risk of product reactions.  I decided to break out of my skincare boundries slowly and buy one of the eye makeup removers instead of buying another bottle of Caudalie Cleansing Water.  I tried out it out for the past two nights and so far this product is pretty nice.

I have often used more natural-based eye makeup removers in the past, I haven't used a traditional formula eye make remover since I last bought one from Clinique.  I have to use eye makeup remover every single night since I pile on the eye primer, eye makeup, and mascara every single day.  I have never been able to get my eye makeup off with just face wash and I now have stopped trying and consider eye makeup remover as essential as a good eye cream.  An eye makeup remover is often a great product to try when deciding on a new skincare brand, if it doesn't work or is irritating, then it is good bet that the rest of the line will not work out either.

"A refreshing eye makeup remover gentle enough for contact wearers and those with senstive eyes.  This multi-tasking eye makeup remover erases all traces of makeup, refreshes the eye contour area, and strengthens lashes.  Its formula includes HydroSenn+, a natural ingredient proven to deliver immediate and long lasting hydration more effectly than hyaluronic acid.  HydroSenn+ is a plant-derived ingredient exclusive to Sephora that leaves skin feeling soft and luxuriously comfortable."

This product effectively removes all traces of eye makeup when used correctly.  The first time that I tried it, I didn't fully saturate my cotton ball and I only got about half of my eye shadow off and had to swipe it a few more times to get all the eye shadow and my mascara off.  The second time that I used this product, I full saturated the cotton ball and this time it worked much better.  The first swipe got all my eye makeup off and I only had to reswipe to get the excess mascara off from underneath my eyes.  I want to note that I am using YSL Faux Cils Mascara and I had problems getting this formula fully cleaned off with The Body Shop's Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover (a favorite product of mine).

This formula didn't irritate my skin at all, effectively removing my eye makeup and not irritating my skin are the only two major requirements that I have from a product of this type.  I don't care about hydration or any special ingredients with my eye makeup remover.  I don't mind that this product contains HydroSenn+ but I would be more interested in how this ingredient functions in a face cream or serum.  If this ingredient is in more products from Sephora Collection then I will be doing more shopping from this skincare line.

The only minor drawback of this product is the color.  The product itself is bright blue, I initally only thought that the bottle was bright blue and the product itself would be clear.  Most other eye makeup removers were clear and I don't feel like they need to have any type of hue to them.  I was very put off by shade, eye makeup doesn't need color added to it and I was afraid that added ingredients would be irritating to my eyes.  It seems like the color was added to make the product stand out on the shelf and plays no other role in the product formulation.  The bottle itself could just have been this color and it would have stood out just as much.  The additional color didn't bother my eyes but it would have ruined the whole product if I would have had a reaction just from the tint to the product and it isn't a necessary ingredient.

I really like this eye makeup remover and now I want to check out the rest of the Sephora Collection skincare products at the store.  I am interested in seeing what is offered with this collection, I have have half a bottle of face cleanser left and I will need to buy a new product very soon.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: