Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jaqua Bath and Body Blooming Bergamot Illuminating Dry Oil Spray

For many years in college and right after I graduated, I used the Jaqua Bath and Body line of body products and lip glosses.  When I worked at Bath and Body Works in my senior year of college, the company picked up the Buttercream Frosting line of body products for one holiday season and I fell in love with the line after trying it for the first time.  I used it for quite a long time afterward and still have a few last pieces in my body product collection.  For the past few months, the Jaqua website had been "under construction" and both myself and many people on the Makeup Alley boards were afraid that the brand had been shut down for good.

Things have changed though and for the better!  Several weeks ago, I got an email about this company being re-opened but only through a website.  I wish that I could still buy these products in stores however I will settle for having to order them online.  I visited the website almost as soon as it opened and had a bit of a mixed reaction to their new website.  On one hand, I was happy that many of the products remained upchanged and that Buttercream Frosting is still readily available whenever I need to order it.  On the other hand, I was expecting something different and perhaps a few new products and next to nothing has changed.  I guess that I was just assuming that there would be new products and scents that were developed in the time that this company was closed and I was ready to order something brand new.  So I was a bit disappointed that nothing new is available...

The only product that I ordered so far is the Blooming Bergamot Illuminating Dry Oil Spray, I will be ordering more Buttercream Frosting products before winter but I wanted something that I could use in the late summer and early fall months.  I had used a Dry Oil Spray from this company when I first began trying the products from this company, it had some type of herbal lemon fragrance and the Blooming Bergamot seemed very similar in texture and fragrance to that spray.  I am happy to report that this new Dry Oil Spray hasn't changed at all in formula and it is still the product that I loved the first time around. 

"Signature Jaqua Spa Santa Barbara Illuminating Dry Oil Spray is formulated with Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, and Vitamin E to calm and protect the skin while helping it rejuvenate and shine.  Think tangy scented Blooming Bergamot!  feels dry, never greasy.  Perfect for sun kissed skin!"  The fragrance notes are: Bergamot, Mandarin, and a hint of Rose, Lemon, and Grapefruit. 

I use this product on my skin as soon as I dry off from the shower, applying it while skin is slightly damp allows it to sink in deeper and help to aid the hydration properties.  I recommend starting with a small amount of this product and then adding more if you wish.  I spray it once on what ever body part that I am looking to moisturize at that moment and then rub it in.  I do not recommend spraying a ton of this on and just letting it sink in, it will absorb but it will take a long time and may absorb fully depnding on how dry your skin it to being with.  I use more of this product in this winter, however even then I still do not cover myself in sprays, I spray it on once or twice and still have to rub it in.

This product creates a great finish on my legs during the summer months, I use it before I wear a skirt to go out at night and it helps to enhance to my fake tan and improve their overall appearance.  I will order another bottle of this before next summer as I use it much more than I thought I would during the warm weather.

I am glad that Jaqua is back up and running and I will order more Buttercream Frosting products soon.  I do hope that more new products are on the way in the upcoming months though...

photo courtesy of Jaqua

No comments: