Monday, August 13, 2012

Smashbox Fall 202 Collection - Image Factory

It is almost the middle of August and we are now in the heart of the fall shopping season, I have gotten a pretty good start on my fall beauty product shopping and now I need to begin looking for fall clothing and shoes before my next semester of grad school begins in two weeks.  I am flashing back to high school when I always wanted a brand new wardrobe and messenger bag at the beginning of every new school year.  There is something about the end of the summer that always makes me want to clean out my whole closet and replace it with all new items.  At this time, I often have to have a list of things that I need before I go to Sephora or any of the makeup counters or I am likely to walk out with a huge bag of products...

Smashbox is one of the company's that always introduces a fantastic fall collection, every single year I am always impressed with their fall products and this is the time of the year that I buy the most from them.  Their new fall collection is named Image Factory and contains a great eye shadow palette and a new formula of cream blush.  I haven't bought a new blush since the spring season, I bought several Illamasqua Blushes right in a row and I haven't needed a new shade since.  Not that I "need" a new shade at the moment but I would like to buy a new one to play around with this season.  I love cream formula blushes since my skin is so dry and finding a new formula is always a treat for me. 

The Smashbox website provides a description of this collection on their website.  "Straight from our modern-day image factory, a seriously cool collection to create your own 'it' looks."  This collection seems to be another one in the series of collections about stars and HD television.  I don't mind this theme but I would like to eventually see something different...

Here is the latest from Smashbox!

Image Factory Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette - Fall's most on-trend shades, hot off our studio sets!  This limited-edition palette features our velvety smooth Photo Op Eye Shadow formula in 6 hi-res hues, plus a double-ended brush.  Are you a modern-day muse or an always cool icon?  Choose Icon for the sultriest shades of the season to create smoldering eye looks, or Muse for the most flattering, wearable shades.  Scan the QR code on the back label for a video on how to get fall's most naturally pretty looks!  Or simply peel back for step-by-step instructions.
- Muse - deep warm brown satin/deep taupe shimmer/medium pink satin/deep warm plum shimmer/medium champagen satin/very deep brown satin
- Icon - pale champagne satin/medium gray satin/deep black satin/deep brown shimmer/deep cabernet plum satin/cream satin

Image Factory Waterproof Shadow Liner - Limited edition, perfectly on-trend shades of our waterproof shadow liners!  Give eyes soft definition wherever, whenever with this travel-friendly, mistake-proof shadow liner - there's even a built-in smudger.  For the ultimate smoky eye on-the-go, glide along upper lashline and smudge.  Or for a stunning, all-over shadow effect, apply to lids and blend into crease.
- Metallic Bronze - brown with gold flecks
- Charcoal - shimmerin charcoal

Image Factory Lip Enhancing Gloss Duo - Glosses with mirror-like finish for for an "it girl"!  Shine on with this pair of ultra-glossy shades with luxe pillowy applicators.  For a lip color that's all yours, try mixing the two shades!
- Duo 1: Luxe and Chic - deep berry/shimmery nude
- Duo 2: Fab and Snappy - rose shimmer/caramel nude

Image Factory Airbrush Whipped Cheek Color - A super-blendable, mousse-like blush for airbrushed-looking cheeks!  Our exclusive, lasting formula with ultra-fine pigments even minimizes the appearance of imperfections for a flawlessly radiant glow.  Becuase of the super unique texture of Airbrush Whipped Cheek Color, you might notice that the product might shift in the packaging.  If this happens, no worries.  Just pat it back into place and use as usual.  It won't compromise the performance of the product in any way!  To keep your flush flawless, be sure to apply blush laat.  This way, eye shadows and loose powders won't affect it's color. 
- Berry Bliss - soft plum
- Dusty Rose - nude rose

I really like every single product in this collection, I will have to stop at the Smashbox the next time that I go to Sephora.  I am mostl likely to buy both shades of the Airbrush Whipped Cheek color, the description of this product reminds me of the Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush formula that I have loved for years.  This product has a water-light texture, is very easy to apply, and has a great color payoff.  I am hopeful that this product is very similar to the Vincent Longo formula and won't let me down.  Dusty Rose is my favorite of the two shades, this is a great medium rose that will look perfect when my skin becomes much more pale over the next month or two.

My second favorite product is the two eye shadow palettes, Icon is the product that is pictured and this is my favorite of the two choices.  This palette will be great to create a smoky eye this fall and the shadows are much less shimmery than the Too Faced Return of Sexy palette.  This palette will create a more subtle look than the palette from Too Faced.  I do like the Muse palette too, I would be more likely to use the creams and browns during the day.  I don't really need either of these palettes but I would like to buy both of them anyway.  Lastly, for the eye makeup part of the collection, I want the Waterproof Shadow Liner in the bronze shade, bronze liners work well for me with so many different eye makeup looks. 

I like the Lip Gloss Duo in Fab and Snappy but I don't need any new lip glosses at all.  I wouldn't mind owning it but I doubt that I will go and seek it out.  I am trying to use through several of my open lip glosses before I replace any others and the first ones that I want to buy are the MAC Cremesheens. 

I like this collection overall but I can't say that it is one of the strongest ones of the season.  I believbe that the products will sell very well but it isn't that unique and I really only need the new blush formula.

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: