Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chanel Fleur de Lotus Collection

Fleur de Lotus is the second Chanel fall collection, we looked Les Essentials de Chanel at the beginning of my fall collection coverage and I have been loving it ever since.  Before that, Chanel introduced an online-only collection, Bombay de Chanel, a series of gold shades that are perfect for both summer and fall.  In addition to all my excitement around the fall collections, I have bought my first Illusion d'Ombre eye shadows this summer and have been in love with the formula ever since.  This has really been a great for season for both myself and the Chanel counter and I can only image that Fleur de Lotus and the new Coco Noir fragrance that it coming soon will just continue the love affair.

I have not yet received confirmation that Fleur de Lotus will be at the counters, I would assume that it will be online only since most of the smaller collections do not come to the counters.  I will be calling my counter to confirm over the next few days but if there is something that I really want, I will just order it online.  Fleur de Lotus looks very different than Les Essentials or Bombay Express, it is a series of pinks and neutrals that would work best in the spring months.  I am not quite sure why this collection was released now since many of the shade will work best in the spring and summer months...

The Chanel website provides a description of both the collection and the products contained in it.  "Inspired by the freshness of the lotus flower, delicate pinks and contemporary neutrals offer a spirited palette for joyful, radiant beauty."  This collection will contain some shades that will work well with my skintone and have the potential to become staples in my traincase, I see a great neutral eye shadow palette and a lovely pink lip gloss.

Here is the Fleur de Lotus collection...

Joues Contraste - This powder blush, available in a variety of limited edition shades, offers seamless colour in a silky, delicate texture.  Buildable coverage allows for tailored effects, from natural to dynamic, and imparts a radiant glow, beautifully suited to the season.  Applied high on the cheekbones or near to the eyes, it instantly "lifts" and softens the face for a more youthful look.
- 69 Fleur de Lotus - peach pink coral

Les 4 Ombres - One essential compact offers unlimited eye looks, with shade combinations that range from matte to satin to shimmer.  Versatile smudge-proof formula can be applied dry for subtle shading, or dampened for more intense colour, all with long-wearing results - even in extreme climates.
- 35 Rives - warm copper shimmer/pearly warm white shimmer/deep bronzed brown shimmer/very dark brown shimmer

Illusion d'Ombre - This intensely shimmering long-wear eye shadow offers true versatility.  An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as eye shadow or eyeliner.  Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.
- 87 Riviere - shimmering mint green

Stylo Yeux Waterproof - Waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliners delivers long-lasting results with a twist of the wrist: Colour winds up when you need it, winds down when you don't.  Gentle, soft, silicone-enriched formula delivers smooth, even lining.  A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes.
- 86 Beige Clair - shimmering warm peach beige

Aqualumiere Gloss - Brush on the exquisite, water-light look of this ingenious lip gloss and discover perfect comfort in a sheer wash of colour.  Making this a must-have for every lip gloss lover: a mirror-like shine that gives lips a fuller, more sensual look with the precision and ease of the built-in brush applicator.
- 80 Alize - warm sheer peach
- 81 Roselin - cool sheer rose pink

Rouge Coco - Chanel presents a modern interpretation of the classic creme lip colour as a homage to the rich life and legacy of 'Coco' Chanel.  New lightweight lip colour glides on for easy application, and features a Hydratendre Complex to help soften, soothe, and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture - for a plumper, smoother, and healthier-looking appearance.  a range of wearable shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer.
- 40 Charme - neutral rose cream
- 38 Supersition - warm peach cream

There is a new shade of the Illusion d'Ombre, this is the one product that would makes me need to make an order from this collection!  This is the first time in over a year that we have seen a new shade in this product and I will order it now and set it aside for next spring.  I don't see why this collection is being released this time of the year, it would be perfect for next spring and I think that it would have gotten more attention if it was released in March instead of August.  This is my favorite piece of the collection and the only one that I would chase down.

I like the Les 4 Ombres shade that comes with this collection however I don't find it to be super unique, I have seen several palettes from this company that are contain very similar shades.  If I can't get this palette, it will be very easy for me to find one of the other great neutral eye palettes from Chanel.  This palette will work well for me throughout the entire year, this is one of the very few pieces in this collection that I could actually use this fall instead of having to put away for several months. 

I love two shades of the new lip products that have been released with this collection, both of them would be staples for me and I could use them both now and all throughout the year.  The Aqualumiere Gloss in Roselin has the potential to become one of my favorite gloss shades, I have never tried this formula before and this will be a new experience for me.  The Rouge Coco lipstick in Charme will work very well with my pale skin this fall and winter and this is another shade that I really want to order.

This collection is actually making me crave spring collections already, I love spring collections and now I want to see more lovely spring shades!

photo courtesy of Chanel

No comments: