Saturday, August 11, 2012

MAC By Request - Results!

Last spring, I announced that MAC was having a contest on their Facebook page and website where fans could vote for their favorite limited edition/discontinued products.  MAC decided that they would re-release the top vote getters from three of their best-selling products; Eye Shadow, Lipstick, and Lipglass.  MAC initially decided what shades their fans could choose from, most of these had been top sellers in past limited edition collections.  I was a bit disappointed that MAC had decided what shades should be picked from, I was hoping that I could vote from Way To Love from A Rose Romance every single day so that I could pick up a back up tube of this shade.  I quickly got over my disappointment and voted for my favorites as soon as the link was working on their Facebook page.  The results were to be announced late in the year and By Request would be a fall collection for the company.

The results are now in!  I received information from MAC earlier this week about how the voting turned out.  The products will be available over the next few days, I plan to keep my eye on the MAC website so that I can decide what I really want to order.  As of right now, only the Lipsticks are available on the website but the Lipglass and Eye Shadow will be available very soon.  All of the shades will be limited edition and quantities will be very limited, so if there is something that you really love then I suggest watching the website and ordering what you love as soon as you see it available.

The results of the By Request voting!

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- Candy Yum Yum - neon pink (Matte) (77,157 votes)
- Moxie - bright pink (Matte) (74,957 votes)
- Rocker - burgundy red with slight glitter finish (Matte) (72,299 votes)

Tinted Lipglass - A unique lip gloss available in a wide variety of colours that can create a high gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen.  Designed to be worn on its own, over Lipstick or Lip Pencil, Tinted Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts.  It's pigmented, very shiny, and can impart subtle or dramatic colour.  It contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition the lips.  Tinted Lipglass is packaged in a convenient bottle with a sponge tip applicator that provides a quick, smooth, even application.
- Bait - iris pink with gold pearl (Frost) (34,045 votes)
- Cult of Cherry - clean red with red pearl (Frost) (29,466 votes)
- Flash of Flesh - light nude pink with pearl (Frost) (27,707 votes)

Eye Shadow - Highly pigmented powder.  Applies evenly, blends well.
- Guacamole - light green with gold pearl (Frost) (50,536 votes)
- Jete - sandy coral (Veluxe Pearl) (40,245 votes)
- Moth Brown - soft metallic brown gray (Frost) (39,563 votes)

The only winner that I voted for is the Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum, I considered voting for Cult of Cherry but I ended up voting for a more neutral Lipglass shade.  Candy Yum Yum is the bright matte pink that I had been looking for at the time, however I found NARS Schiap several weeks after the voting ended.  I am likely to still order Candy Yum Yum if it comes back in stock (it currently sold out on the MAC website) but I don't need it as badly as I once did.  From the Lipglass winners, I am considering Bait, this neutral pink would work well for me throughout the year and Cult of Cherry will be great for the fall and winter months.  From the Eye Shadow shade range, I like the Moth Brown shade but I don't consider it unique enough to go out of my way to order this shade. 

I like the concept of this collection but I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the results of the voting.  Candy Yum Yum is the only product that I really need and I bet that I could use NARS Schiap and live without this shade for the next few months.  I personally think that MAC has had better limited edition shades than the ones that have been offered in this collection.  Also, MAC has a huge shade range in their permanent collection so I can pretty dupe any shade in their shade range.  If you didn't need these shades when they were first released, then you honestly don't need them this time around...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: