Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Fall 2012 Collection

I have been collecting all brands and shades of nail polish for the past few months, Deborah Lippmann polishes have been a favorite of mine for years now and I always look forward to the release of new shades.  I have been collecting new shades for the fall since the very beginning of July and some purchases from China Glaze, Chanel, and Nails Inc have really widen my polish collection.  And now that the new shades from Deborah Lippmann are available on her website, I can see that my collection is going to get even larger over the next few weeks.  I am excited to break out one of my favorite shades from this line for the fall months, Wicked Game is one of my favorite purples and one of the few duochrome shades that I own and love.  Fall also is the tijme of the year that I start using my favorite red shades from Lippmann, I am now getting really excited for the fall season to start!

The new releases from Deborah Lippmann are only two shades, one that is a cream and the other that is a glitter.  I am beginning to get sick of many of the glitter finish polishes so I am a bit disappointed that one of the two new polishes is another glitter finish.  I am really only interested in the polish with the cream finish, I am getting over the glitters and brights that I have been using all summer and am ready to start wearing some neutrals and jewel tones for the fall months. 

Modern Love is the shade that I want the most from this company for the fall season.  This is a "modern classic mauve" and the shade that I have pictured here.  This will be a great neutral for me over the fall season, it is a cool-toned mauve and will work well with my skin tone.  I can see myself reaching for this shade at least twice a week over the next few months.  Deobrah Lippmann makes some of the staple shades of my polish collection and at one point, I owned almost every single neutral shade that she made.  I have used some of these polishes up so I want to add this shade to my collection so that I can broaden my neutral range.

The second of the new shades is Let's Go Crazy, the glitter finish polish.  This shade is a "outrageous royal purple glitter" and I am not a huge fan of it.  I like the royal purple shade but I don't like the finish and I can't see myself wearing this shade all that much.  If I want to wear a royal purple shade, than I already own Illamasqua's Baptiste and I would be more likely to use this shade than to buy the Lippmann shade.  I really own wear Baptiste one or twice a month anyway so there is no point in me buying this shade, I would only wear it a handful of times before the spring season hits.  I will be skipping over this shade.

I am a bit upset that this collection only consists of two new shades, I only like one of them and I wish that I had some more choices.  I am going to look through the rest of the jewel tones and neutrals that are offered in the Deborah Lippmann polish line and see if there are any that I would order along with the Modern Love shade...

photo courtesy of Deborah Lippmann

No comments: