Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Illamasqua Fall 2012 Collection - Generation Q

Over the past year, Illamasqua has become a brand that I barely used to a favorite brand of mine.  Barely a Sephora visit goes by that I buy a new Nail Varnish from this collection and I am always ordering from the Sephora website so that I can keep adding to my blush and lipstick collection.  I always want more products from this company and I can't want to begin collecting and trying some of the different eye makeup products.  I have been all about growing my eye makeup collection for this fall and I am excited to see that Illamasqua fall collection is out.  As of right now, the fall collection is available on the Illamasqua website but I haven't seen them out yet on the Sephora website, though I am sure that they will be available here within the next few weeks!

The new fall collection from Illamasqua is named Generation Q, normally each of refer to ourselves as being part of a certain generation.  Illamasqua doesn't seem to believe in "generations" and creates products that can be worn be people of all ages and styles.  It has been theme of this company to show their makeup looks on many different types of people and all ranges of skintones and ages.  This collection is no exception to this theme and the models for the collection looks are of all different ages, I wonder if the people featured in this collection are even models at all...

Illamasqua provides a description of the overall collection on their website.  "Generation Q is a celebration of individual self-expression.  Ageless, and without limits or restrictions.  It's our declaration to the world that beauty is inclusive, not exclusive.  In fact, Generation Q is a clear message to everybody, everywhere that beauty is not young, old, black, white, male or female, but anything, everything and everyone.  Illamasqua has become a lone voice in an industry controlled by the world's beauty cartels - cartels, which we believe, have forced their soulless definitions of beauty onto the world.  We are proud to launch our new collection - Generation Q - a new, dynamic range that provides the industry's only antidote to the cartel's homogenised and prejudiced vision of beauty. So in typical Illamasqua style, we have done something that no other brand would or could do.  The Generation Q campaign will go against the industry's despicable taboo, by featuring older models as well as young.  In fact, Generation Q models aren't models at all, but real makeup fans, with a sense of their own beauty.  The future of beauty is changing and we are the voice of a brand new generation - Generation Q, where beauty has no age limits."

I am so excited about this collection!  I see eye shadow palettes and new lipstick shades, as well as new shades of Nail Varnish - I can't wait to shop this collection.

Here is the newest collection from Illamasqua!

Empower Palette - Combine highly pigmented Powder Eye Shadows in Synth (iridescent pale pink glitter), Fervent (reddish brown with multi-tonal shimmer) and Blink (soft beige nude) with the illuminating reflections of Liquid Metal in Slick (charcoal gray metallic), to create a series of defining looks.

Complement Palette - Play the soft, metallic reflections of Powder Eye Shadow in Slink (soft champagne shimmer) and Liquid Metal in Focus (cool brown metallic), against the mysterious depths of Powder Eye Shadows in Forgiveness (rich chocolate plum) and Queen of the Night (blackened plum).

Gleam - Back by popular demand, and with a new and improved formula, Gleam's lightweight, iridescent finish sensuously highlights the natural beauty of your face and body.  A solid, cream compact, containing lustrous pearlscent pigments.  Smooth Aurora (champagne iridescent) over skin with fingers or a brush for an alluring glow that lifts and highlights wherever it's applied.  This is light-reflecting beauty.
- Aurora - champagne iridescent

Powder Blusher - Illuminate, radiate, make your face come alive with the colour and drama of Illamasqua Powder Blusher.  Colour-intense and highly pigmented, use it to shade, brighten, enhance, and define the shape of your face.  Be bold, be daring, be the center of attention.
- Allure - dusky rose pink shimmer
- S.O.P.H.I.E. - golden coral shimmer

Intense Lipgloss - Come out of the shadows with high-shine, colour-rich Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in a wide range of bold colours.  Create lips that look full and glossy, without feeling sticky with this 'liquid lipstick'.  Draw attention to your lips, and to you.
- Boost - blueberry violet
- Opulent  - rainbow beige

Nail Varnish - A spectrum of bold shades with a range of siniehs, including matt, rubber, and high gloss.  Award-winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity.  Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.
- Charisma - deep raspberry pink
- Creator - magical black

Precision Ink - Create looks with attitude that no one can ignore.  Precision Ink's fine tip allows for defined application.  Long-lasting and waterproof, it's perfect for use anywhere on the face and body to bring out your bold side.  You can even use it as a nail art pen; simply seal with Illamasqua Top Coat.
- Wisdom - antiqued gold

Lipstick - Let your lips speak volumes.  Indulge in a colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from creamy matt to iridescent finishes.  Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and doesn't give up without a fight for the perfect all-night pout.  A must have for professional makeup artists, and those who want to make a statement.
- Magnetism - deep raspberry pink
- Underworld - iridescent blueberry violet

This is a very strong collection for Illamasqua and I see potential for almost all the products and shades to be sell-outs.  My favorites are the eye shadow palettes, I love the Complement Palette and the potential that it holds to help me create a plum smoky eye.  The look of the plum smoky eye is my preferred look for the fall months and I started out the season having very few shades to create this look and I have been on the watch for palettes that will help me easily create this look.  I like the other palette in this collection too, Empower is a more neutral palette but I already own many shades that look like the ones offered in this palette already so I don't really need to buy it but I would still like to.

I am not crazy about either of the blush shades offered with this collection, all of Illamasqua Blushes are very highly pigmented so I only buy them when I love the shade.  This product has too much pigment and appears too vividly on the skin for me to buy shades that I am not 100% in love with.  From the lip product line up, I must have the Lipstick in Magnetism, this raspberry shade will be a pinker version of all of my beloved red shades and will be a bit more a subtle red look.  Both the blue violet shades are too much for me to pull off and I would never buy either of these shades.  Of course, I want both shades of the Nail Varnish and I will be ordering these and the Complement Palette as soon as they are available on the Sephora website.

Illamasqua is still one of my top three favorite makeup companies and this collection just added to my love of the brand.  I would love to be in the Illamasqua campaigns at some point in my life...

photo courtesy of Illamasqua

No comments: