Saturday, August 18, 2012

Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner

About a week ago, I reviewed my Too Faced Return of Sexy Eye Palette.  Along with the fifteen eye shadow shades that came with this palette, Too Faced included a full sized black eyeliner to use with all the eye shadow looks.  As of right now, I am still trying the "how to" cards that are included with the palette.  I am currently through about two of the included looks and have begun working with the Perfect Eyes Eyeliner that was included with this palette.  After trying it one or two times, I decided that this product needs its own review because it is a great product on its own.  I have found that the eyeliners that tend to be included with eye shadow palettes are often an after-thought on the part of the product development team, they are often just thrown in to help create a few looks with the shadows.  However, in this case, the eyeliner is fast becoming one of my favorite items in the palette!

I looked for this eyeliner on the Sephora website and I was happy to find out that it is available on its own and in a huge range of shades.  "A creamy, longwearing eyeliner that glides on with the ease of a liquid liner and locks down for eight hours of budge-proof, smudge-proof.  These high impact pencils come in various waterproof shades ranging from the necessary classics to cutting-edge couture.  Each includes a flexi-firm, beveled smudger to allow a smoky blend or precise line.  Once applied, this eyeliner won't transfer, smudge, or budge, and unlike most other waterproof formulas, it even holds up to tears.  This creamy smooth liner glides on effortlessly never pulling, skipping, or slipping."

This formula glides on very smoothly and I didn't have any issues with tugging or skipping.  The first time that I used this product, it drew a thicker line then I would have liked and I had to play around with it to draw on a less intense line the second time that I used it.  I prefer this product for use on the upper eye and I haven't really used it to try and tightline.  I am hoping that I can use it tightline eventually since the formula is waterproof and practically budgeproof once it is set.  I get a full day's wear from this product and it even held out when I went running in the evening.  This is a great product for the summer months since it didn't budge anytime that I have used it.  I tried this product with and without the built-in smudger, it helped to soften the line a bit and would be best in a smoky look for night.  Personally, I prefer the crisp, clean line for the daytime and that is how I use this product mostly at the moment.

The available shades in this product...

- Perfect Black - black
- Perfect Black Orchid - blackened plum
- Perfect Brown - brown
- Perfect Peacock - teal
- Perfect Purple - purple
- Perfect Storm - charcoal
- Perfect Navy - navy
- Perfect Expresso - deep brown
- Perfect Moss - olive

The Perfect Black shade came with the Return of Sexy palette and it is the best shade to use with all the eye shadow shades that have been included with this palette.  Perfect Black is the shade that I likely would have bought myself since I am always looking for great black eyeliners.  After trying this product, I want to buy some more shades of this product.  Perfect Black Orchid will be awesome to create a plum smoky eye and I want to buy this shade next.  Perfect Brown and Perfect Expresso will both work very well with all of my gold and bronze eye shadows.  Lastly, Perfect Storm will be a great shade to use in a slightly more subtle smoky eye. 

I haven't bought a new eyeliner for the past few months and I am so excited that a great formula just fell right into my lap when I bought the Return of Sexy Eye Palette.  So far, I love this formula and I will be using it for the next few months!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: