Thursday, August 2, 2012

YSL Fall 2012 Collection - Contemporary Amazon

In addition to working on my fall makeup look, I have been deciding what new clothing and shoes I will be needing to buy over the next few weeks in order to fully round my wardrobe out.  I always want to buy more elegant, tailored clothing in the fall and winter and this year will be no exception.  I have been haunting the Limited's website and checking out all the pencil skirts that have been coming in over the past week or two and am using this look to start my fall shopping.  Naturally as I go after a more sophisticated fall look, I tend to match my makeup style to this more elegant clothing look.  Red lips are one of my favorite looks all year long but every fall I get excited to purchase more shades of lipstick and wear this look more often than I do in the summer.  The picture that I am seeing when I look up the YSL Fall collection will fit right in with the look that I am already craving for fall.
The new collection from YSL is called Contemporary Amazon and it celebrates the sophisticated career women from Paris and all over the world.  The look that is worn by the model for this collection might be one of the best that I have seen all season and I really want to buy all the products and shades to pull it off.  This combination of smoky eyes and red lips might be slightly harder to pull off than my normal look but I want to try it out with shades that I already own and see how well it works in my real life.  This look will not always be appropriate for day and I know that I will need to change it a bit in order to make it work in a professional environment (outside of the Parisian fashion world). 
This collection is up online on the Nordstrom website and this company provides a full collection description and product information.  "She moves through Paris as she would an urban jungle, exuding a tailored take on the basics.  A matte yet luminous complexion, smoky gold eyes, red lips, and garnet lacquers for daring sophistication."  I see that this collection includes the Faux Cils Mascara, a favorite of mine ever since I covered it for this past French Week.

Here is the fall collection from YSL!

Contemporary Amazon Pure Chromatics Eye Shadow - Through the magic of water and a revolutionary new process, Yves Saint Laurent pushes the limits of color with Pure Chromatics, a new generation of eye shadows.  Real makeup artist magic is made easy with six emblematic harmonies that captivate the eyes.  The power of water: Exclusively by Yves Saint Laurent, the new water-process technology is the latest discovery in color, allowing pigments to be more intense and dramatic than every before!  Use wet for a chromatic transformation.  Expect the unexpected.  Water does not dilute but enhances color pigments in Pure Chromatics.  When used wet, the water activates the pigments and gives full intensity to their color.
- No 10 - deep cool bronze shimmer/bright silver shimmer/medium dirty gold shimmer/deep charcoal black shimmer
- No 11 - deep charcoal matte/medium tan matte/deep navy matte/deep brown matte

Contemporary Amazon Volume Effect Faux Cils Mascara - Luxurious mascara for a false lash effect now available in a new limited edition shade, No 19 Graphite Green.  The award-winning, volumizing mascara achieves a dramatic result in a single stroke.  The secret is in the  triple-film complex.  A coating film for intensity, a conditioning film with Pro Vitamin B5 and aloe vera for curves and a fixing film with vinyl polymer for long-lasting effectiveness.  The brush applicator combines nylon fibers of varying diameters for volume enhancement, as never before seen.
- No 19 Graphite Green - deep forest cream

Dare To Glow Illuminator - A silky complexion illuminator, between a highlighter and enhancer, Dare To Glow is essential for women seeking that gorgeous glow.  The melting, ultra-fresh gel texture leaves skin soft and comfortable.  Enriched with optical mother-of-pearl particles, Dare To Glow forms an impalpable veil for natural-looking shimmer on the skin.
- 1 Tempting Gold - pale gold highlighter

Rouge Pur Couture - The Mats Lipstick - Heroic, forbidden, passionate, seductive, scandalous.  Iconic couture colors project theatrical panache in a matte, stretch-leather-like finish that rocks.  The texture espouses and adjusts to the lips, leaving them supple, smooth, and radiant.  Formulated with advanced technology, Rouge Pur Couture The Mats ensures a matte, sensually sleek finish and color fieldity for a full six hours.
- 201 Orange Imagine - deep warm orange matte cream
- 203 Rouge Rock - medium blue red matte cream
- 206 Grenat Satisfaction - deep tan matte cream

Contemporary Amazon La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer - Indulge the impulse to color your nails.  Flaunt color with pride.  La Laque Couture is composed of a kaleidoscope of iconic shades, inspired by YSL creations and artistic legacies.  Now available in two limited edition shades: No 31 Khaky Arty and No 32 Rouge Expressioniste to complement the Contemporary Amazon look.
- No 31 Khaky Arty - medium neutral khaki cream
- No 32 Rouge Expressioniste - deep blue red cream

I am most excited about the eye shadow palette and the reds for the lips and nails in this collection.  I don't really need to add any more red lipsticks to my collection however I can never resist a new blue red shade.  I have not tried this lipstick formula before so I don't really know very much about how much I would like this ptroduct but I am willing to bet that I will love it if I purchase it.  I like the red nail polish but I think that I can safely skip over it, this shade is not that unique and I know that I could find the exact same shade from China Glaze or OPI.  This shade isn't unique enough for me to chase down or to order.  The eye shadow palette in No 10 is worth me chasing around, the shades are lovely and I am very excited to try them both wet and dry.  I do own almost every single shade in that palette already however I would use them a lot and I don't own any shadows in this formula yet.

If I could only buy one piece from this collection, I would have to choose the eye shadow palette.  The lipstick shade is very nice but I have several shades from MAC that are very similar already.  I love the mascara formula but I would never use the green shade so I will rebuy this product in the deep black shade that I already love.  This collection is nice but I'm not really in love with it and the eye shadow palette is the only product that I must own

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: