Tuesday, August 7, 2012

China Glaze Fall 2012 Collection - New Bohemian

China Glaze has released a second collection for the fall season, I loved many of the shades from On Safari and am so excited for the New Bohemian polish collection.  I have seen glimpses of it on professional polish websites and blogs and it is now available on the China Glaze website.  New Bohemian is a series of all duochrome shades, duochromes are polishes that appear to be one shade on the nail and then shine a completely different hue when the hand is in different lights.  I own a few duochrome shades but they aren't my favorite finish and I don't wear them very much.  My favorite duochrome is Lippmann's Wicked Game, the purple shines all different hues when I move my hands.  I am somewhat interested in another purple duochrome, the only other shade that I am coveting in a duochrome finish is a gold that shines with a green hue.
China Glaze describes these polishes as "luster chromes", all of the polishes have a shimmery finish and are rich jewel tones.  These shades are perfect for fall and I can see them inspiring lots of love among China Glaze polish fans.  They are too much for a professional environment but will work well for weekends and other play times.

The Ulta website provides a descrtiption of the nail polish formula.  "China Glaze is a professional quality nail enamel that is resistant to chipping and color fading.  China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long-lasting, chip-resistant, and resistant to color and shine fading.  Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary."

The shades are as follows...

- Unpredictable - blue green teal with gold shimmer and gold duochrome
- Rare and Radiant - gold foil with cool green duochrome
- Swanky Silk - gold foil with pink duochrome
- No Plain Jane - deep cool purple with slight blue duochrome and gold shimmer
- Want My Bawdy - deep blue with silver duochrome and silver shimmer
- Deviantly Daring - deep aqua with gold shimmer and gold duochrome

I don't know that I am in love with any of these shades, I like all of them but I don't really need to add them to my collection.  My favorite shade is Rare and Radiant, this is the gold foil with the green cast that I had been searching for when I first heard about this collection.  That shade is the only one that I plan to add to my nail collection the next time that I head over to Ulta.  No Plain Jane is a pretty purple shade however I have been told on the Makeup Alley boards that this shade has a very slight duochrome and the gold shimmer is more evident than the blue cast.  This might be the easiest of the shades to wear if you have never tried a duochrome polish. 

The two shades listed above are the only two shades that I am interested in buying, the others I can easily skip over.  Unpredictable and Deviantly Daring are not very different, look very similar in the bottle.  I already own an aqua duochrome and I don't need to add another one to my collection.  Want My Bawdy is a nice blue hue but another one that I am not super in love with, I thought that I would like this shade much more when I saw that it was a blue shade but it isn't deep enough to be a navy hue.  If this shade was a darker navy hue, I would be all over this shade.  Swanky Silk is another gold hue, this time with a rose duochrome.  I would have been more likely to buy this shade earlier in the summer months, I have been creating rose gold eyes since the beginning of the summer and I wish that this shade would have been available earlier on, I might buy this shade and put it away for next summer...

photo courtesy of China Glaze's Facebook page

No comments: