Thursday, August 9, 2012

Estee Lauder Fall 2012 Collection - Violet Underground

One of the biggest trends that we have been seeing for this fall season is the use of purple hues...on all facial features.  This is one of my favorite fall trends since purples and lavenders work very well for my cool, pale skin.  I have already stated that I wanted to buy more purple eye makeup for this fall, I have very little lavenders and purples in my eye makeup collection.  The newest collection from Estee Lauder is named Violet Underground and contains shades of purples for every single aspect of the face, I am so excited to see what eye makeup shades are offered in this collection and I also hope that there is a few great nail polish hues in this new collection.

This collection was created with the Creative Director of Estee Lauder, Tom Pecheux.  Pecheux is a former makeup artist who worked with every supermodel during Fashion Week and joined Estee Lauder team several years ago.  He injected new life into the 50+ year old brand, after he joined the company as Creative Director is when I actually began to take notice of this company.  Before he joined with the company, I often passed right by this counter in Macy's and would only stop to smell a perfume or two.  In his short time as Creative Director of this company, he has introduced the Pure Color collection and has reached a whole new audience of makeup lovers.  Personally, I asm so happy to see some shades and products that I now really love from this company.  I have always heard good comments on the quality of the products so I am visiting the counter a lot more than I used to over the past few months.

Violet Underground is a collection that I will have my eye on this fall.  I love many of the new purple hues that I have been seeing and I am thinking that there will be some great choices in this collection.  "Fall color, here now.  Violet Underground is violet unleashed.  Flashes of shine.  The power of matte.  Eyes edged in punker black."

Here is the newest collection from Estee Lauder!

Pure Color Blush - Fresh, radiant color lasts all day.  Won't streak or fade.  Ultra silky powder sweeps on sheer for a natural glow.  Builds for contoured and sculpted definition with luminous optic technology.  Exclusive contouring brush included.  In two finishes, Satin and Shimmer.  True Vision Color: Maximized color impact; Magnified vibrancy, clarity, and definition; Amplified brilliance.
- Audacious Plum - medium plum satin

Pure Color Five Color Eye Shadow Palette - Eye shadow palette created by Tom Pecheux for the ultimate eye expression.  A high-style mix of textures and shades to inspire creative blending, highlighting, and color accenting.  Release your inner artist.  This versatile 5-color palette allows you to play with intensities, mix and blend shades, express different attitudes - soft to bold.  Holds five varying color intensities and finishes: matte, satin, shimmer, and metallic.  Use the shades for a touch of trend or to make an all-out color statement.  The highlighter is the magic touch.  Use it to brighten the look and widen eyes instantly.  The deepest shade structures and defines the eyes.  True Color Vision: Maximized color impact; Maginified vibrancy, clarity, and definition; Amplified brilliance.  High Performance Wear: Color adheres velvety smooth, without creasing; Blends easily; Long wearing, color stays true, won't fade.  Sleek compact includes applicator and mirrow.
- Violet Underground - medium champagne/bright magenta pearl/medium warm bronze pearl/stormy cool gray pearl/black cream

Sumptuous Extreme Mascara - Lashes seem to multiple, magnify, grow to extremes.  Three different high-volume fibers create audacious, false-lash effects.  The Formula: Extreme Bold Volume formula is a blend of three high-volume fibers in a mousse-light base.  Acts like lash extensions multiplying and growing the lash.  Fortified with conditioning Lash-Advancing Vitamin Complex.  The Three Fibers: Unique interlocking fibers build volume + length; Hollow fibers create massive volume, without weight; Ball fibers fill in and fill out even the sparsest lashes.  The Brush: Oversized BrushComber Extreme with two types of bristle-flexible fibers carry maximum formua, solid fibers comb and separate for clump-free definition.  The Color Impact: Prismatic pearls intensify pigment and luster.  Eyes look brighter, wider, more seductive.  The Look: Outrageous volume, lift, and curves for an audacious, false-lash effect.
- Extreme Black - deep rich black

Pure Color Quick-Thick Eyeliner - Liner with attitude.  Chubby felt tip marker goes from a thin to thick line, quick.  Eyes dare you to look away, edged in punker black.  Comes on strong, super dark, and daring.  Tip: Give lashes the edge...use the fine tip to draw a line close into lashes.  Makes them look thicker, fuller, sexier.
- Punker Black - deep black

Pure Color Velvet Lipstick - All the opulence of velvet in a new soft matte lipstick.  Smooth and creamy formula with rich, intense color impact.  Soft, sensuous, and non-drying.  High pigment shades for high drama.
- Violet Crush - bright cool purple matte
- Black Cassis - rich deep blackberry matte

Pure Color Gloss - Lip Gloss with the power to light up your face.  True Vision Technology transforms ordinary color and makes it extraordinary.  Imagine what it will do for your lips.  In a wide range of wearable shades with lasting shine for a lasting impression.  You'll want them all.  True Vision Color: Maximized color impact; Magnified color vibrancy, clarity, and dimension; Amplified brilliance.
- Chaotic Currant - deep cool currant with silver shimmer
- Rebellious Violet - bright cool violet with silver shimmer

Pure Color Nail Lacquer - Turn your fingertips into fashion statements with a wardrobe of sensational shades to add definition, polish, and style to your fingertips.  Designed by Tom Pecheux, world-renowned makeup artist and Estee Lauder Creative Makeup Director.  Tom combined today's top trends with timeless classics - all the colors he prefers for photo shoots and fashion shows.  Formulated with True Vision Technology to transform ordinary color and make it extraordinary.  Rich, glossy with an intense, mirror-like shine.  Fast-drying.  Long-wearing.
- Black Iris - very deep black-purple with silver shimmer

I love the nail polish that was included in this collection and I will be heading over to the counter to buy a bottle of Black Iris as soon as I get a chance.  I thought that I would really love the eye shadow palette from this collection but I am on the fence about it, I really like the pink shade but I don't think that I love all the shades enough to warrant the purchase of it.  The lip shades actually might have me the most interested out of any product other than the nail polish.  I am considering trying the bright purple lip gloss, Rebellious Violet, this shade is very different than any that I currently own.  My skin is cool toned and this shade should be very flattering.  The Chaotic Currant shade is nice too, this one might be the easier of the two to pull off and I want to try both of them.  The Lipstick shades are also on my radar, Black Cassis will be a very dramatic shade for the fall and winter months. 

I know that the last two items that I need to add to my collection is nail polishes and lip shade but these are the products that I love the most from this collection.  I am also considering the Eyeliner pen that was offered for Violet Underground, it might help me to create more dramatic eye liner looks and seems to be easier than tradition liquid liners to use.  I will have to head over to my local counter and hope that all the products and shades that I want to see are in stock...

photo courtesy of Estee Lauder

No comments: