Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bath and Body Works 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub

One of the hardest places on my body to successfully self tan is my hands, I have never found a good way to make my hands look natural and completely streak-free.  I have struggled with this year after year and I doubt that I will ever find a way to make this an easy process.  I have decided that I need to focus more on the preparation and the maintenance of the tan.  I have a good regime started for tanning and I will need to just add an extra step or two to improve upon it.  I have been using the Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Smoothing Foot Scrub for years now to keep my feet an even, streak-free tan and I have decided to use the hand scrub in this collection to see if I get the same results.

I had originally used this product back in college when it was first released and I have used it on and off ever since.  However I have mostly been using it during the late fall and winter in order to try and relive some of the chapping that occurs every cold weather season.  I had not thought of using it any other time of the year since I really don't need it unless my skin is very dry and cracked.  This is the best hand scrub that I have ever tried and I have tried several from a range of salon brands and this is the clear winner and one that I am going to try to make the self tanner on my hands a bit less of an issue. 

"Why wait? This sugar-based exfoliating treatment makes quick work of dull, dry skin and ragged cuticles to give even the most mani-deprived hands a taste of soft, smooth, spa manicure perfection - in just one minute.  Sugar crystals provide exfoliation, resulting in smooth, glowing skin.  Light citrus fragrance.", states the Bath and Body Works website.

To use - "Massage treatment into wet hands for a full minute, paying special attention to any rough areas. Rinse clean to reveal hands that look like they've spent the whole day at the spa."

I use this scrub once a week to get rid of the dry skin that is soaking up too much of the tanner and creating the issues with the streaks and the deep spots than tend to appear on my hands.  This product has some great benefits but a few downsides to it at the same time.  The major benefit is that it is more effective than anything else that I have tried to get dead skin off and help to improve rough, dry areas.  Use of this scrub makes my hand cream work much more effectively and this continues to improve my tanning experience.

The main issue that I have with this product is that I can only use it once a week (at maximum), it takes too much of my tanner off to make me happy and I need to use it sparingly or I will take all of my tan off and I will never be able to build up a good fake tan.  I have accepted this because this is the best hand scrub out there and will help my hands to absorb the tanner better and more evenly (and make them look much more natural than they did before I tried using this product).

I am glad that I started using this product again, I remember how many times I used to wash  my hands with it when I first tried it out and it really is the best hand scrub on the market.  I have tried quite a few and this is the best one and I highly recommend this product for anyone that has dry skin on their hands.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: