Wednesday, June 19, 2013

LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

Silky Underwear is one the cult products from LUSH, this product has been featured in nearly every magazine over the years and is almost always featured when LUSH creates huge giftsets of their best-selling products.  In addition to this being a cult favorite, the fragrance of Silky Underwear has now been released in other products and nearly a whole line of jasmine products has been crated by this company.  I love the scent of jasmine and I love adding more jasmine products to my body product collection.  I ordered this product from LUSH a couple weeks ago and now I want to add more of their jasmine products. 

I only ordered this product because I was curious out about it and I wanted to see why this was such a top selling product.  I have never used a dusting powder before and I decided that summer was the best season to try this type of product out.  The heat is now here and I have been working out both in the gym and outside so I need a couple extra products to make me feel like a lovely lady this time of the year.  This product appealed to me because of the cute name and pretty fragrance, I have been feeling pretty gross after some workouts lately.

"Silky Underwear was the first dusting powder that we ever created, and it has continued to capture the imagination (and more), of our customers. It remains the smoothest, most luxurious and best-selling powder we make. Grated cocoa butter melts onto the skin for a silky sensation, and the absorbent powders make sure your body doesn't feel greasy. In fact, it helps your clothes go on more easily or even better, slip off easier. With the sexy jasmine and vetivert scent that clouds you in aphrodisiac fragrance it’s been known to happen. Slip on some Silky Underwear and find out for yourself."

The main ingredient in this product is Jasmine and the LUSH website provides even more details on this ingredient and then the other products that it is contained in.  "Jasmine belongs to the large olive family (Oleaceae), which consists of woody shrubs and climbers. It is native to tropical and subtropical regions of the Old World, but has been widely cultivated elsewhere. Jasmines can be grown in cold climates, but usually require frost protection or greenhouse cultivation to flourish. We buy our jasmine absolute from Egypt and India.  The star-shaped flowers are white to pale yellow and extremely fragrant. They open to release their scent at night. Several unrelated plants are also referred to as 'jasmines'.  Indian Ayurvedic medicine and Chinese traditional medicine feature the use of jasmine blossoms and oil. In India, the oil was considered luxurious and an indication of wealth; and the flowers are widely grown in home gardens as well as for commercial production. Jasmine flowers are also important in Hindu ceremonies and are mentioned in religious texts.  Both men and women have long used jasmine oil in India as an aphrodisiac, hair and beauty tonic and as a sensual perfume."

I sprinkle a bit of this powder on it the morning (in the areas that females tend to have a higher amount of sweat glands) and it helps to keep me fresh all through my work day and the hot commute home.  I have to reapply after the gym or running but that is to be expected.  I would also reapply before going out at night.  The best part of this product is the pretty fragrance, I love the sweet scent of the jasmine flower and it makes me feel pretty just to apply this product.

This product is a great addition for those who work out and run during the summer time, if you don't then this product may not be necessary.  Whether you work out or not, this product is a great way to make yourself feel pretty and girly in even the hottest of weather.

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: