Saturday, June 15, 2013

Current Favorites!

The heart of summer has now arrived and I am all about running outside, eating the best fresh fruit from the farmer's market, and wearing as many shades of bright greens and pinks as I can.  So far this summer I have been adding the gym into my life at least three times a week and am now appreciating products that can easily take me from work to working out and the right into casual playtime.  I feel that I tend to love many of the same products from summer to summer and then just add a few more new ones into the mix.  My newest love for this summer is from Bath and Body Works, my Pure Paradise Fine Fragrance Mist will lead off the Favorites list as it is my new fragrance love for the warm weather!

My Current Favorites!

Bath and Body Works Pure Paradise Fine Fragrance Mist - "Lavishly splash or lightly spritz your favorite fragrance, either way you'll fall in love at first mist! Our carefully crafted bottle and sophisticated pump delivers great coverage while conditioning aloe mist nourishes skin for the lightest, most refreshing way to fragrance!  A summer-chic blend of sparkling star fruit & ocean-kissed frangipani blossoms it's pure paradise in a bottle!  Mid Notes: Luscious Gardenia, Frangipani, Watery Lily.  Dry Notes: White Musk, Blond Woods, Sun-Kissed Coconut.  Top Notes: Fresh Star Fruit, Juicy Guava, Dewy Cassis."  This is new scent that I added about three weeks ago to my fragrance collection and one that I put on my dresser right away, it is very rare that I find a Fragrance Mist from Bath and Body Works that I love and want to add to my collection, normally I either use only their body products or buy the perfume in a scent that I love.  I almost never use Fragrance Mist but this one was so lovely that I bought it right way when I smelled it.  This is the perfect light tropical floral that actually smells crisp and clean instead of strong and cloying.  I have tried tropical florals from Comptoir Sud and have found that many of them tend toward a mixture of Gardenia notes and Coconut Milk, a combination that is very hard to get correct.  This scent is what I have always envisioned when trying out the tropical florals and I loved this one as soon as I first smelled it.  I own it in the Fragrance Mist and all the matching body products, I will wear them all summer long!

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Collide - "A vivacious nail varnish.  Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colors that stand out. The formula is long-wearing and chip-resistant and contains individual finishes from matte to high gloss. Apply two coats for high intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish. Make a statement and talk with your hands!"  Collide is a "bright neon pink with a satin finish" and has been a favorite of mine for years.  Anyone that has read this blog for the past few years know that I pull this polish shade out as soon as the weather warms and will be on my Favorites list until the end of summer.  This bright pink shade matches a favorite pair of pink flats and everything that I own from Lilly Pulitzer.  Illamasqua Nail Varnish is one the best quality polishes that I have ever used, they last for about five days with minor chipping and the high shine finish stays just as long.  I will use this shade for both manicures and pedicures all throughout the summer and am considering trying this shade and a bright aqua for new twist on an accent manicure.  A perennial summer favorite!

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Floating Lotus - A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own."  Floating Lotus is a "frosted soft rose" and has quickly risen to the top of my traincase after trying it out for the first time several weeks ago.  I use this lip gloss all the time and it is one of the best shades that I have ever used, the formula is very hydrating and the pigmented formula leaves my lips a great pink shade.  I will be buying more shades in this formula over the next few weeks.

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Face Primer - "An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder."  I have used this primer several times before and this is one of the few primers that I continue to repurchase over and over again.  This primer works well all year long and somehow manages to prevent excess skin in the summer months and then hydrate dry areas in the rest of the year.  This creates a great base for foundation and Urban Decay Beauty Balm.  I have been using the Beauty Balm for about three weeks now with bronzer (instead of my traditional foundation and powder routine) and I have been very happy with the results from the combination.  I will keep this combination up for the rest of the summer!

Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Maui Wowie -  "Urban Decay’s groundbreaking new eye shadow formula.  This reformulation of Urban Decay’s eye shadow features even softer, amazingly velvety texture; richer, more dense and decadent color; smoother, more uniform pigment distribution and blendability; and longer-lasting, more crease-free wear. The new line of shadows features a completely revamped assortment of shades, new textures, and a totally redesigned token compact.  The secret to the new formula is Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, a vehicle for color that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula its glide. The proprietory blend of ingredients allows color to weave itself through the formula resulting in insane color payout, color that stays on your lids, and sparkle that doesn’t fall. The amazing technology works for every shade and finish. Every Urban Decay shade is silky, blendable, and stays put."  Maui Wowie is a "metallic golden beige with silver shimmer" and I have worn it for about two years now.  This is favorite of mine all throughout the year but I especially love this beautiful gold in the summer months, it brightens my blue eyes and complements my fake tan.  I love pairing this eye shadow with a bright pink lip shade for both day and night.

My favorites now area ll about getting the summer started on the right note!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: