Friday, June 14, 2013

Benefit The Bronze of Champions Set

Benefit has released several great palettes and sets this spring and today we are going to look at the last of the new ones.  We have looked at all the Neutral palettes and I have been stalking the counter at Sephora so that I can buy at least two of the three palettes.  The set that we are going to look at today is a perfect pick for the summer months, The Bronze of Champions is a set that is primed and perfect for the summer months and I am always on the hunt for great new bronzer formulas to add to my collection.  This set contains Benefit's top selling bronzer and then several shades of makeup to complement my newly bronzed skin...and a great new lip gloss for the summer.  I have been all about Benefit products over the past two years and I want to add as many more of them to my collection as I can.

I can't say what I am the most excited about yet for this collection, I think that I am ready to add another bronzer formula to my collection and I am hoping that this set contains one that I will love to use.  I also want to try this lip gloss formula, I haven't used many lip products from this company and I need to start using them.

"A total bronze kit for eyes, lips, and cheeks.  Get your goddess on with these believable-bronze makeup essentials! Filled with sexy bestsellers, this TAN-talizing box of beauty has all you need to get out there and glow for glory.", states the Sephora website when describing the overall set.  There are quite a few products contained in this set and we will look at each one in more detail so I can decide if there are enough that I want contained in this set for me to purchase the whole set.

The contents of The Bronze of Champions Set...

Watt's Up! Soft Focus Highlighter for Face - A soft-focus highlighter for face.  This cream-to-powder highlighter turns up the wattage with a delicate, gorgeous champagne glow. Its smooth application and luminous sheen switches on the "wow" factor for any complexion. Apply it to cheeks and browbones, then sculpt with the soft-glow blender for your perfect gleam.

Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow - A long-wear cream eye shadow that won’t crease or smudge.  Benefit’s award-winning cream shadows are as crease-resistant and smudge-proof as ever! The 10 incredibly wearable shades (including original favorites RSVP, Birthday Suit, and Skinny Jeans) glide on easily and last all day. It’s fresh and fabulous color for all!  Make it last even longer! Layer long-wear powder shadow over your creaseless cream shadow for extra staying power.
- Bikini-Tini - oyster pink

Longwear Powder Eye Shadow - A powder eye shadow that lasts.  Finally, powder eye shadow in a fabulous long-wearing formula. This soft and silky shadow comes in 12 wearable shades and three finishes: matte, satin, and sheen. From pale shell to brilliant silver, these Benefit eye shadows have got you covered!  Make it last extra long! Layer long-wear powder shadow over your creaseless cream shadow for extra staying power.
- Thanks a Latte - golden brown

Hoola Bronzing Powder - A beautiful bronzing powder.  This powder is like Barbados in a box! Sweep Hoola across the chin, cheeks, and forehead with the accompanying brush for a healthy, natural looking tan year-round— no tanning bed necessary.  Always tap off excess powder to avoid applying too much color. This is a contouring bronzer that can also be used to highlight features of your face.

Ultra Plush Lip Gloss - A silky, plush gloss that glides onto lips.  This dazzling lip gloss drenches your lips in brilliant shine and a burst of juicy color that's never sticky. Loaded with crystal brilliance, color glides on smooth. Just one stroke will give you glimmering, shimmering lips!  The irresistible shades, from sultry nudes to punchy pinks, come in soft-squeeze tubes with a custom tip designed for perfectly even application. To create a beautifully pulled-together look in seconds, pair your favorite gloss with its complementing box o’ powder.
- Hoola - shimmering golden nude

They're Real! Mascara - A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look.  This breakthrough bestseller reveals lashes you never knew you had! The specially designed brush features staggered bristles that grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. The custom-domed tip uses precision bristles to lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. With a glossy, jet-black, long-wearing formula, you’ll flaunt luxurious, silky lashes that won’t smudge, clump, or dry out. True story!  Go horizontal! The staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume. Then go vertical! The custom-domed tip with precision bristles lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes.  
I must buy this set!  I want that bronzer formula and the lip gloss formula, I was a bit afraid that the lip gloss would have been a bronze color but I like this warm nude hue for the summer months.  I have already used several tubes of the They're Real! Mascara and this formula holds a place among the best ones that I have ever used so I am more than happy to add another tube of it to my collection.  I have not tried either of the eye shadows or the highlighter however I have seen all of these products in many palettes and have heard very good things about them in beauty magazines and blogs.  I would like to try all of these products and I will be buying this set the next time that I go to Sephora!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: