Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chloe See by Chloe

I am currently sampling and trying a fragrance that is intriguing me, See by Chloe is a fragrance that I originally hated the first time that I smelled it but grew to love it over the past few weeks.  I tried this scent for the first time in Sephora at the very end of winter, I put it on and immediately it reminded me of something that I had either owned or smelled many years ago.  I don't know if there was a similar scent that was out when I was in high school and other girls in school wore it or it is how a certain lip gloss used to smell but I have never placed the scent or have been able to narrow it down at all.  I guess this is why our scent of smell is the strongest, it is linked somewhere in my memory and I have yet to remember where I once smelled.  If this rings a bell for anyone else, please comment so I will stop driving myself crazy with this...

I love fragrances by Chloe and I am beginning to collect them the way that I collect Chanel fragrances.  As soon as I hear about a new one being released, I make sure that I stop in at Sephora as soon as I can to smell it and see how it works with my skin chemistry.  Normally I love every fragrance that I try from this company but there was something that I found repellent about See the first time that I tried it.  As much as I thought that I hated it, I tried it again a few weeks later because it was bothering me so much that I couldn't place where I had first smelled the similar scent.  I then jumped at the chance to get a sample of it with a Sephora order and kept using on days that I wasn't going anywhere.  And then in the middle of testing...my feelings changed and I kept liking this fragrance more every single time that I put it on.  Now I want to order a full bottle from Sephora and add it my massive perfume and Chloe fragrance collection.

I have only seen this fragrance at Sephora (at least in the area that I live in), "See By Chloé embodies femininity while blending masculine codes in an urban-chic way. This fragrance captures the audaciousness and strong personality of the Chloé woman.  An addictive floral fruity fragrance, it captures the irresistible and playful personality of a young woman fully embracing life. The fusing top of juicy bergamot and apple translate her energy and her urban edginess. Her natural femininity is conveyed through a beautiful floral bouquet of jasmine and ylang ylang that grows into a sexy veil of vanilla and addictive musks.  A strong and feminine bottle that revisits the Chloé codes combining high-end perfumery with modern details. Its refined faceted glass catches the light to give a real luxury feel. Its uniqueness also comes from its three lovely feet beneath the bottle, elevating it to create the appearance of floating. The shiny silver cap is decorated with a delicate ring to catch the bottle. "

The notes of this fragrance are: Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Vanilla, Musk.

When I first applied this fragrance, the Apple notes come right out. The top notes of the fragrance are more tart than I thought that they would be and this might have been why I initially hated the fragrance.  Within less than an hour, the apple note calms down and the soft floral notes begin to develop and then this fragrance becomes much easier to wear.  This is a softer floral than I normally wear and it smells like nothing else that I currently own or have owned recently.  It then becomes a mixture of soft florals with the vanilla and musk notes developing and then staying on my skin for the rest of the day.

With the exception of the uniqueness of this fragrance, I am not sure why it pulled me in the way that it did.  I love the floral mixture and how it has creamy undertones that last on the skin.  I first thought that I would wear this fragrance only in the fall and winter months and then I decided that it would be a spring fragrance.  I now think that I would wear this fragrance all year long with the exception of the hottest days of the summer, I think it might be overpowering in the heat of the summer but I will have to test that theory out in a few weeks and make my final decision.

Now I have another love from Chloe and I have found a fragrance that I went from hating to loving in a matter of a few short weeks...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: