Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sephora Collection Ariel Mermaid's Song 4 Piece Lip Gloss Set

At the end of last year, Sephora Collection released a special collection that combined makeup and fragrance with the love of Disney that is so prominent in this country.  I visited Disney World when I was a child and I loved everything Disney until I entered my teenage years.  I went through quite a few years without seeing any kind of Disney movie but now that I am in my late twenties, I have begun to enjoy some of my favorite childhood movies again.  Snow White is a current favorite of mine however I have had a soft spot for The Lion King and The Little Mermaid since I was a young girl.  I am not obsessed with Disney as many of my friends still are but I do enjoy watching the movies now and then and I have grabbed a few beauty looks from Snow White.  Now I see that Sephora Collection has brought out a pretty summer collection that teams up great makeup and our favorite red-headed mermaid from The Little Mermaid. 

I am not going to view this entire collection, I don't have much interest in it and I doubt that many of my readers will be interested in buying the whole collection.  I have no objection to looking at a few pieces of it but this collection is much too young for me and I wouldn't be able to use many of the makeup shades and any type of fragrance that would come out with it.  I would be interested in a lip gloss set for the summer, I love bright lip glosses for the summer and I am excited to try something fun over the next three months.  I think a Disney-inspired lip gloss collection is just the thing to have some fun...

This collection is only available at Sephora and all the details will come from this company's website.  "A set of four flirty lip glosses in shades that dare you to be bold.  Fun and feisty, this set of lip formulas speaks volumes. This collection of glistening glosses features shades inspired by Ursula’s earrings, Ariel’s pink dress and iconic red hair, and her sisters’ darling shells. Take advice from your favorite mermaid: Be empowered. Be bold."

The four shades that were inspired by The Little Mermaid are...

- Mermaid - courageous coral
- Red Head - rich red
- Dream Girl - perky pink
- Sea Witch - bold berry

I think that the first three shades will be my choices for the summer but then I will save Sea Witch for the fall and winter months.  I am so excited to try these out, the Sephora Collection lip glosses are not the best quality that I have ever used but the color range is awesome and I have some picks from them already in my collection.  I think it is time to watch some Disney movies...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: