Thursday, June 20, 2013

Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment

I have been using the Boscia Willowbark Breakout Treatment for quite a long time now and like the results that I get from it and how it doesn't irritate my skin.  I usually get maybe one or two breakouts a month and my skin issues are sensitivity and dryness and therefore I do not need a heavy acne treatment and prefer to completely stay away from products that contain any very strong ingredients.  The only product that I need in my skincare regime to care for my occasional blemishes is a spot treatment and one small bottle will last me a very long time.  I liked the more natural formula of the Boscia treatment and wanted to try another brand with a similar formula.  I decided to try the Origins formula after looking through all the treatments on Sephora website and ruling out those that promise to be much too strong for my skin.

I was actually considering buying another tube of the Boscia but since I am always switching products up, I ordered the small tube of Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment from Origins.  I have been getting very nice results from the Origins products that I have been trying over the past few months and I was more than happy to order another product from this line, I wish that I still had a full Origins store around me instead of just counters at Macy*s and Sephora. 

I ordered this product from Sephora and all descriptions and details are from this website.  "A blemish-busting acne spot treatment with salicylic acid.  Red PMS pimple? Bad joke breakout? Heal, fight, and fade it fast. Just dab on a dot and feel blemish-busting salicylic acid instantly help speed healing while anti-spot technology helps visibly correct post pimple darkening. Skin-calming caffeine and red algae help relieve irritating redness. And to help keep skin looking spotless, super exfoliators eliminate excess oils and pore-clogging debris."  This formula is deemed to be safe all skin types.

I ordered this bottle right before I was due to get my monthly blemish so that I could use it right away.  I had one medium-sized blemish on my chin and used this product on it at night and then once again in the morning.  After the first use, I could see that the blemish had gone down in size and the red hue was much lessened.  Two uses got rid o the whole blemish and cleared the whole area up, I was very happy that this product worked quickly however the blemish was not a large one.

I would only recommend the product to people with skin similar to mine, it works very nicely on occasional blemishes and skin that is not considered to be acne-prone or oily.  I don't think that this product would strong enough to clear up persistent acne problems or very oily skin that leads to blemishes.  I very much like this product but I would not recommend it to those who have larger acne issues than mine, this product is best for very occasional breakouts and those who have problems with more traditional acne ingredients causing dryness and redness to the skin.

Another Origins winner for me...I think I will keep ordering more items from this company and I need to visit a store than carries more of the makeup items than the counters currently do!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: