Sunday, June 23, 2013

SpaRitual Nail Lacquer

As you will recall, I signed up for the Glossybox beauty boxes earlier this month and my first box arrived yesterday morning, this box continued all products from the United States and is a great way for me to find some new brands and decide if I want to pick up any additional products for the summer months.  I am still going through my box and beginning to try the products out but I have tried one product out already and I am going to review today.  The box contained a mixture of trial and full-sized items and I was very happy to see that I received a full-sized SpaRitual Nail Lacquer in a pretty deep red shade. 

SpaRitual is a brand that I have never heard of before and I love learning about new nail polish brands since I collect several new shades every single season right now.  China Glaze and Butter London are still my current favorite polish brands to collect right now but I always want to grow my collection and see what else is out there on the market.  I found this brand on the Beauty.com website, one that I occasionally order from and might end up ordering much more from very soon.

"SpaRitual has designed a lush, shimmering palette of Nail Lacquers orchestrated in a range of four dynamic harmonies. The SpaRitual Color Harmony Ritual fuses the disciplines of color therapy and numerology to provide a quick mental retreat and moment of contemplation.  Each SpaRitual shade is associated with a unique message or meaning and numerological value.  Vegan nail lacquers free of DBP, formaldehyde and toluene."

The color range from this line is huge, I was surprised at how many shades where in this relatively unknown product line.  I received the shade Spellbound, a deep shimmering red that reminds me of fall leaves and a shade that I used to have several years ago from Deborah Lippmann.  I am not going to go over every single shade in this range, they start with pales and then go all the way down to jewel tones and I can see that nearly every texture is represented with this polish line.  I see all kinds of shimmers, glitters, and creams in this line and I want to grab a few more shades of polish very soon.

I can already see a few shades that really appeal to me, I will list them here as a preview to all the shades in this polish line.  I love...

- It's Raining Men - pale gray blue cream with iridescent finish
- Jet Setter - pale pink shimmer
- Crystal Waters - aqua blue with a green iridescent finish
- Emerald City - medium blue green cream
- Charleston - shimmering platinum silver
- Beyond Love - deep pink shimmer with silver glitter
- Fire - deep red shimmer with red glitter

What impressed me most about this polish was the formula, it is completely vegan and free of many of the big chemicals in other brands.  The formula is so very different but it wears exactly like only from China Glaze or OPI, it makes me wonder what is not in this polish that is can be considered vegan and still wear exactly like other and then why these ingredients are still contained in other polish formulas.  This will be a point of research for me for the next few weeks while I try out more shades from this line to see if the quality is consistent through all the different finishes.

photo courtesy of Beauty.com

No comments: