Monday, June 24, 2013

Butter London Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat

Yesterday we looked at a brand new (to me at least) nail polish brand called SpaRitual and today we are going to continue to trend of nail polish and products.  My latest Sephora package arrived last week and I ordered two new products from Butter London that I was very excited to try.  I ordered both the base and top coats from Butter London and have been using both of them to see how well they enhanced the performance of my polish and its wear.

I go through top and base coats like water, I use one or both of them with nearly every single manicure and pedicure and am always looking for new formulas to try.  Today we are going to look at the base coat from Butter London and we will then follow with the matching top coat in the next few days.  I started with wanting to ordered the base coat alone but then decided to throw the top coat in my online cart at the last moment to see how they work when used together.

My obsession with this base coat, Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat, started a few weeks ago wen I was reading an issue of Vogue.  The article that I was reading focused on the models' backstage beauty habits before they go out on the runway.  This was the base coat that many of the manicure artists used on the models but then the article went on to say how many of the ladies then bought this product for themselves to use alone for simple matte manicure.  Sine you all know how much I love to wear pale cream polishes on my nails, this polish appealed to me right away and ended up in my Sephora shopping cart within a few hours.

"A basecoat that hides and smooths tiny ridges and imperfections in the nail giving a wonderful result to the look of your lacquer.  This silk-finish, stain-resistant basecoat provides the perfect foundation on which to paint butter LONDON™ nail lacquer. The non-toxic formula has a matte effect that’s so beautiful, you can also wear it alone.  Butter LONDON is a new-era design house, creating extraordinary moments in color by living on the inside edge of fashion. Butter LONDON does not add formaldehyde, toluene, or DBP to any of its nail formulas. It's color without compromise. For brilliant results, use butter LONDON lacquers with the corresponding butter LONDON base and topcoats. When used together, the products last significantly longer than a typical manicure."

I have this product both of the ways that were suggested and this is one of the best (if not the best) base coats that I have ever used, I love that I can use it alone or with other polishes.  When used as a traditional base coat, it helps to create a smooth finish for polish and I love using it to smooth out the ridges in my nails.  My nails are awful with ridges and this helps to improve the wear of my polish and improves the overall texture.  When worn alone, it creates a nude hue on the nail with a sheer matte finish and lasts for about three days without any type of wear issues.

What way do I prefer this base coat?  I really don't know which way it works the best, it is a very nice base coat formula but I am just tickled pink that I can use it in multiple ways and brush two coats on when I need a quick low maintenance manicure.  I think this is officially my new favorite base coat and based on the fact that it was out of stock on the Sephora website for two weeks after I read the Vogue article, I will order another bottle of this polish for a back up when mine starts to get low.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: