Saturday, June 8, 2013

Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray

I have been using a primer from Smashbox for the past few weeks and I have been very happy with the light gel formula and wasn't really looking for new formula when I was shopping at Sephora the other week.  I have been a fan of Urban Decay for many years now and so I stop at their counter in Sephora every single time that I visit, whether or not I am looking to add anything from this line to my shopping bag.  One of the Sales Associates at Sephora recognizes me (actually many of them recognize me) and knows about my love of Urban Decay and wanted to show me a newer product that she had been using on herself.  When she said that is was a lightweight face primer, I was immediately interested because I need a lighter weight product in the warm weather and Urban Decay's Eye Shadow Primer Potion is one of the best eye shadow primers that I have ever used and I am always looking to see what other primers this company brings out.

The product that she used on me is the B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray, a light spray face primer that contains great ingredients for the skin.  If I am going to wear a primer all day long to keep my makeup in place and if it contains great ingredients to help my skin out then that is an added bonus for me.  I had seen this product on the Urban Decay website but I had been under the impression that this was a treatment product and not a face primer.  Guess that I was proved wrong that day at Sephora...

"A soothing prep spray that features the first stabilized form of vitamin B6, which absorbs oil, minimizes pores, and reduces redness.  Spritz on this soothing spray any time of day to hydrate, prep, and soften your skin with vitamins and antioxidants. Use it in the morning to prep and wake up your skin, during the day to refresh your skin (without messing up your makeup), or at night before your treatment. Versatile enough for people of all ages and skin types, this energizing formula is great for your skin and it feels amazing.  This oil- and paraben-free spray comes in a sleek, soft-touch bottle that emits a calibrated, microfine mist. It goes on so light, you’ll hardly feel it. Vitamin B6 normalizes overactive cell-signaling proteins (called cytokines) to help control sebum production, vitamin E provides antioxidants, and willow bark (rich in natural salicylic acid) aids cell turnover."

The Sephora website provides some of the results that were obtained during the clinical trials...

"In a clinical study, after 8 weeks of use:
-Over 81% of participants had a measurable reduction in oil and surface shine.
-Over 78% had more radiant skin with less redness and fewer blemishes.
-A majority of participants had a measurable improvement in pore size.
-Over 72% had a measurable improvement in their skin’s overall appearance."

I see that this product can be used as a primer or a treatment product as needed.  So far I have been using this as a primer, I prefer the Caudalie Grape Water or Beauty Elixir and I don't plan to switch from either of these products any time soon.  I use two sprays of this product to cover my entire face.  The Sales Associate preferred to spray the product on and then let it dry by itself, I tried that approach but felt that it took too long to dry fully and completely.  I found that I get the best results from spraying it on and then patting it into my skin to make it dry quickly and more evenly.  I don't think that I have to best control over the product when I only spray it and let it dry, some areas of my face soak up too much product and then others don't get enough.

This is one of the lighter primers that I have used but it still keep my makeup in place for a full eight hours.  It doesn't get sticky or tacky when makeup is applied over it even when the weather heats up as it has been so far this week and it keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the whole day.  I do see a reduction in surface shine, especially in my T Zone area but I see that any time that I use a primer.  My skin is in the dry side so surface oil is not my primary concern and I would be interested to see how ladies with oily skin used and liked this product, it is light enough that I could see it working very well for every single skin type.  The same thoughts apply for the reduction in pore size.  The redness in my cheeks is somewhat reduced, my skin looks better without makeup but this product also helps my makeup go on better and smoother which also helps the appearance of my skin.

This primer could become a new favorite of mine from Urban Decay, it primes my skin very well and then helps to treat it at the same time.  I like the spray container but I have to blend it myself to makeup sure that it absorbs evenly in all areas.  I wasn't in the market for a new primer when I bought this but I have now decided that this Sales Associate knows more about what I need than I do!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: