Thursday, June 27, 2013

Smashbox Fall 2013 Collection - Fade to Black

The Too Faced fall collection was the first of the collections for this season and now the Smashbox fall collection has followed suit.  I haven't bought much from Smashbox recently however one of my friends counts this among her favorite makeup lines and is always picking up new items from this line so I have been keeping touch with all the new products that are coming out from this company.  The new collection is called Fade to Black and I will confess that the Rolling Stones song "Paint it Black" jumped right into my head when I first read the title of this new collection. 

This collection is on the smaller side and reminds me very much of the Too Faced collection that we have already looked it.  It centers around a great eye shadow palette and then two more products/shades that were made to complement it.  One of the products is another eye makeup product and the other is a lip product.  I will be looking to most closely at the eye shadow palette since I am trying to bulk up my eye makeup collection and not my lip and nail product collection.  The eye shadow palette contains two sets of colors that are designed to be used together but I am sure could be mixed and matched to the users' content.

The Smashbox website and the Sephora website do not provide much of a collection description so I will replace my normal collection description with my own thoughts.  This is a collection that will focus strongly on a solid eye shadow palette that will help to create the beautiful deep smoky eye look that is always popular in the fall and winter months.  I would surmise that it was designed by key Smashbox makeup artists to help anyone create a smoky eye look, no matter how much experience the user has.  The rest of the collection are new shades that will work best in conjunction with the eye shadow palette.

Here is the Smashbox Fade to Black collection...

Fade to Black Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette - Super versatile, seriously cool. This palette of neutrals starts with the most wearable nudes and ends with the fiercest blacks--all in a range of finishes, from matte to shimmer.
- Fade Out - soft pastel pink, soft shimmery silver, soft matte grey, violet with multi-color sheen, earthy brown with subtle sheen, deep matte purple, black with cranberry pearl

Fade to Black Be Legendary Lipstick - Just one swipe and you'll see this is the stuff beauty legends are made of. From modern mattes to hydrating creams, our ultra-luxe formula glides on for show-stopping, saturated color every time. 
Cream shades - Lustrous finish, Shea butter for lasting moisturization, Vitamins C and E (antioxidants) to protect
Matte shades - Silky, matte finish, Adherence power, Vitamins C and E (antioxidants) to protect
- Black Cherry - deep cranberry
- Cognac - warm raisin

Waterproof Shadow Liner - Stayput shadow and longwearing liner in one- there's even a built-in smudger! Give eyes soft definition wherever, whenever with this travel-friendly, mistakeproof shadow liner. The creamy, waterproof formula glides on effortlessly for lasting look possibilities.  Totally waterproof, crease-resistant formula.  Smudge as a liner or blend as a shadow for allover, long-wearing color.  Light reflecting pearls give high drama color and shimmer, while emollients create a silky, creamy texture.
- Blackest Black - deep creamy black
- Black Gold - deep gold with black pearl

The eye shadow palette is my favorite piece of this collection, I love these deep purples and browns combined with the pale neutral highlighters.  I will use this palette all throughout the fall and winter months and I can already think of shades from the Urban Decay Naked Palettes that will work well with these shades.  This will be a key piece for me this fall!  My second favorite item from this collection is the Waterproof Shadow Liner in the Black Gold shade, I can see myself using this shade when getting dressed up and then adding black cream eye liner to finish the look off.  Lastly, I really like the Black Cherry shade of the Be Legendary Lipstick, this is a shade that will be both perfect for the cold weather and will fill a hole in my lip product collection.

The second of the fall collections is another good one so I have some very high hopes for this fall season!

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: