Friday, April 19, 2013

Bath and Body Works Take Me to Italy Body Products

Bath and Body Works is all over the fragrance spectrum this spring, they started with the fabulous Fresh Picked line and then introduced a light, fresh fragrance named Beautiful Day.  Fresh Picked in one of my favorite lines that this company has introduced in the past few years and I can't wait to see if they bring more fragrances out in this collection since I know that I will keep buying these products for years to come.  The newest fragrances in the Signature Collection are very different from every other fragrance that has been introduced in the past few months and it seems a bit out of the blue.  The three new fragrances are all based on Italy and the fragrances that are popular in that country, it is very similar to the three limited edition Paris fragrances that I loved late last summer.  These fragrances may be out of the blue...but I have tried all three and I am loving this new direction for the end of the spring months!

Three new fragrances have been introduced with the Italian theme and new home fragrance products and hand soaps have all been introduced at the same time.  I started with collecting some of the new candles, my favorites are Expresso and Limoncello, and I started picking them up as soon as I could at the end of last month!  I am really pumped to add the soaps and the fragrance body products to my collection, I loved Italy when I went there in high school and some of these fragrances can take me right back to Venice and the Italian countryside.  At the rate we are going, I will be able to visit the whole world by just taking a shower with the right fragrances...

The three new fragrances are: Capri Seaside Citrus, Rome Honeysuckle Amore, and Venice Dolce Berry.  My early favorite is the Capri Seaside Citrus, this is a great citrus scent and it smells like nothing that I already own (a huge feat for any fragrance)!  "Lavishly spray on our sunny seaside fragrance and radiate this sparkling blend of fresh citrus, juicy nectarine & orange flower."  The top notes of the fragrance are: Mediterranean Grapefruit, Sparkling Bergamot, Juicy Nectarine.  The heart notes are: Muguet, Orange Flower, Coconut.  The bottom notes are: Amber Driftwood, Creamy Musks, Whipped Vanilla.  This fragrance is a mixture of citrus, delicate floral notes, and driftwood.  I love this fragrance in the body products, however the Fragrance Mist doesn't work well on my skin chemistry.  This is a great citrus however the driftwood keeps in unique and like nothing else that I have used recently, I will be buying the body products in this fragrance over the weekend.

Rome Honeysuckle Amore is my second favorite of the fragrances, this one is the floral fragrance of the trio and it reminds me of fragrances that I have had in the past from this company.  I had something many years ago and this fragrance is so similar to it, of course I don't even remember the name or the bottle but the scent still sticks with me.  The smell of honeysuckle has been a favorite of mine for years and I was as excited to see this fragrance as I was the Capri Seaside Citrus.  "
Lavishly spray on our glamorous fragrance and radiate our head-over-heels blend of pink honeysuckle, golden peach & cyprus woods."  The top notes are: Italian Peach, Blackberry, Green Mandarin.  The middle notes of the fragrance are: Pink Honeysuckle, White Raspberry, Peony.  The bottom notes are: Golden Amber, Soft Sandalwood, Cypress Wood.  This fragrance starts out with the strong peach note but then quickly goes floral on me.  The amber and sandalwood stay on my skin the longest and mix with the honeysuckle note to make the fragrance last longer than your average honeysuckle mix.  I will be buying the body products in this scent but I found the peach  note to be too strong in the Fragrance mist, I was hoping for a perfume with less fruit and more floral and wood mix.  Any ideas?
 
The last fragrance is my least fragrance of the three, Venice Dolce Berry is very sweet and a gourmand fragrance.  I found this fragrance to be too strong for the summer and I might have liked it better if it was a fall fragrance.  I think this fragrance was introduced at the wrong time of the year and I might revisit it at the end of August (if it is still around).  "Lavishly spray on 'la dolce vita,' the sweet life, and radiate our playful blend of plumberry, frosted magnolia & sandalwood sugar."  The top notes of the fragrance are: Pink Plumberry, Apple Blossom, White Iris.  The middle notes are: Venetian Raspberry, Red Apricot, Frosted Magnolia.  The base notes are: Blackberry Musk, Sandalwood Sugar, Vanilla Biscotti.  This fragrance smells like blackberry and biscotti and will be very popular among those who love sweet fragrances or strong berry scents.  This fragrance is much too strong on my skin, in both the body products and the Fragrance Mist so I will skip over it.  Maybe if this would have been a fall fragrance, I might have different thoughts...
 
This fragrance comes in the traditional Signature Collection Body Product forms: Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, and one new product.  The new product that was released is the Bronze Shimmer Fizz Body Mousse, a product that holds no appeal for me.  "Soak in a faux sun-kisssed glow with our bronze shimmer fizz body mousse, a silky-smooth, body bronzer that leaves skin sparkling with a kiss of color.  Goes on smooth with a fresh, fizzy sensation."  I use self tanner instead of dealing with body bronzers so I would never use this product.  The last product that comes with this collection is a lip gloss that matches each fragrance, I will skip over the lip gloss also and just stick with the body products.
 
Overall, this collection will appeal to ladies with all kinds of tastes, the three fragrances are all very different and everyone will be able to find at least one that they really like.  I love the Capri Seaside Citrus and the Rome Honeysuckle Amore and will buy the body products in both fragrances to wear in the spring and summer months.  Bath and Body Works has released quite a wide variety of fragrances this spring and I am looking forward to what else will be coming out over the next few months! 
 
photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: