Sunday, April 14, 2013

MAC and Hayley Williams Collection

MAC has added another celebrity collaboration to their color collection line up, this time they have gone the route of the music industry and teamed up with the lead singer of the alterna-pop band, Paramore.  Hayley Williams is as well-known her for lovely singing voice and onstage presence as she is for her bright orange hair and stylish outfits.  I have often liked songs from this band but I have never seen them live or know much about the members of the band, but it looks like I might learn a bit more about Hayley Williams with this MAC collection! 

MAC has had some great collaborations over the years (Carine Roitfeld) and then some that I truely dreaded.  I must say that my least favorite one is on the way this summer, MAC and Rianna's collaboration will be among my least favorite color collections, almost soley because of the fact that I can stand her less and less with everything that I read about her.  I don't mind the music but she tends to annoy the hell out of me.  But we will cross that bridge when we get there in a few months...

The MAC website states the following about the collection, "Singular, vibrant and unmistakable - Hayley Williams, singer of the platinum-selling band Paramore, inspires an exclusive online colour collection of shades ranging from orange pop to shimmering coral. Limited Edition."

Here is the collaboration between MAC and Hayley Williams!

Eye Shadow - A highly-pigmented powder in a mid-tone coral with a frost finish inspired by Hayley Williams. Applies evenly, blends well. Limited edition.
- Daydreaming - frosted midtone coral

Lipstick -  Colour plus texture for the lips that made M·A·C famous. Limited-edition shade of Sounds Like Noise, a true bright orange inspired by Hayley Williams.
- Sounds Like Noise - bright true orange

Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on, adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Lightscapade - soft candlelit beige with multidimensional shimmer

Nail Lacquer - High gloss, cream formula in Hayley's signature colour, a true bright orange. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Limited edition.
- Riot Gear - bright true orange

I don't look good in orange makeup nor do I like it anyway so I know that I will skip over the eye, lip, and nail shades of the collection.  The only item that I would consider buying is the Mineralize Skinfinish, I know several ladies that use this product and all of them highly recommend it.  One day at the counter, I will take some time and try it out.

This little collection is not my style and I will have more than enough to chose from this month from MAC so I will skip over it.  This would be a nice series of products if I had a warmer skintone and looked good in orange makeup hues.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: