Thursday, April 11, 2013

MAC Baking Beauties

Late last night, I found the beginnings of the MAC Baking Beauties collection up on both theirs and the Nordstrom website and I am so excited to see it all up this morning!  I woke up early to start writing this post today and I will need to finish up in between work and class but I just couldn't contain my excitement anymore over this collection and I will be hitting the counter this weekend.  I have been asking the associates at my favorite counter for this collection for almost a month and I was so unhappy to hear that they do not do pre-orders anymore for limited edition collections.

But since I can't try or pre-order this collection early, I know that I will be at the counter when the store opens and I will have my shopping list already programmed into my phone.  I have been looking at the lip and nail products ever since I first saw the promotional pictures of the collection and one of the lipsticks is one my top color choices for spring.  The face powders in this collection are based on cupcakes and I have loved cupcakes for years so this is actually what drew my attention to the collection to begin with.

The Nordstrom website states a description of the collection, the MAC website is failing at the moment so I will work with Nordstrom until MAC comes back up.  "Exquisite. Scrumptious. Utterly indulgent. The artistry of cake decoration is a world filled with tempting creation, as is our colour collection inspired by the most couture of cakes."  This has the potential to be one of those collections that I buy tons of products of just because I am in love with the packaging and the concept!

Baking Beauties!

Baking Beauties Pearlmatte Face Powder - Pearlized and satin shades of Face Powder blend effortlessly to achieve an array of looks with a rich texture and velvet finish. Use for highlighting and blush effects. Baking Beauties flower and leaf design are stamped into the powder.
- In For a Treat - champagne base with matte coral flower and mint leaves
- Pink Buttercream - light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves

Baking Beauties Pro Longwear Paint Pot - The long-wearing, highly pigmented eye color goes on creamy and dries to an intense, vibrant, pearlized finish. Seamlessly covers without weight or caking and blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
- Fancy Frosting - frosted white
- Let's Skate - pale pink with pearl
- Mooncake - warm beige
- Eclair - light chocolate with gold pearl
- Dangerous Cuvee - frosted cool gray

Baking Beauties Glitter - M·A·C Glitter can be applied directly to the skin or combined with products to create high-level glitter and sparkle effects on all areas of the face, skin and hair.  Glitter is not eye safe and is not recommended for use on this area of the face.
- Reflects Transparent Teal - sparkling white with turquoise
- Pink - bright pink

Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara - A two-in-one mascara that lets you choose if you want lashes to be naturally defined, or instantly combed and loaded for full-on drama. Easy-to-use dual-wiper system allows this lightweight formula to go on either way. One wiper refines the application for a clean sweep, while the other loads the lashes for greater impact.

Baking Beauties Lipstick - Color plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Pure Decoration - light white peach (Cremesheen)
- Raspberry Swirl - light white blue pink (Cremesheen)
- Lavender Whip - light cool lavender (Cremesheen)
- Devil's Food - glossy deep plum (Frost)

Baking Beauties Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm - A liquid lip balm that adds moisture while providing the right pop of color and mirror-like shine. Enriched with a special, nourishing, mineral-rich complex. Can be worn alone or over other lip products.
- Baking Beauty - creamy light peach
- Cheery Cherry - creamy mid-tone blue pink
- Sweet Tooth - creamy lilac
- Glace - creamy pale baby blue

Baking Beauties Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high-gloss formula. Visibly different. Provides a no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Confectionary - light blue pink (Cream)
- Pistachio Creme - light teal mint (Cream)
- Bleu Velvet - light periwinkle blue (Cream)

Lustre Drops - A bronzer that applies like liquid sun. Water-based, beautifully smooth to apply with added pearlized lustre. Inspired by the popular M·A·C Face and Body FX. Provides sheer, natural-looking highlights with a luminous, shimmering finish.
- Pink Rebel - blue pink with gold pearl

129 SE Powder/Blush Brush - A special-edition, short-handled brush featuring a frosted-aqua metal ferrule. Designed for blush and powder application. Soft, black fibers form a full, rounded shape.

252 SE Large Shader Brush - A special-edition, short-handled brush featuring a frosted-aqua metal ferrule. Features soft yet firm bristles in a square shape for applying eyeshadow or emollient-based products.

I am still holding to my earlier thoughts that I would love the lip and nail products the most from this collection, I would have liked to see MAC do some type of eye shadow palette with this collection and I am surprised that only new shades in one product was released.  I do like the Paint Pot shades that came out with this collection, my most coveted shades from this product are Let's Skate and Mooncake.  I have adding pinks and neutrals to my collection all spring and these are two more that I would like to buy.

My favorite product is the Lipstick, I always want new pink hues and Raspberry Swirl will be coming home with me the next time that I visit the counter.  I have been using my newest pink lipstick from MAC at least twice a week since I bought it and with the purchase of this product, I would have yet another one to work with.  I have never used the Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm and I have never really read any good reviews of it, the consensus of the product reviews is that it basically is a lip balm with a little bit of shimmer and little to no pigment when applied to the lips.  I will hunt up several reviews and see if this holds true for this version of the product, I do like the Cheery Cherry shade of pink and I would purchase it is the reviews are favorable.  I like the Pearlmatte Face Powders but this is another product that I really want to see in person and read reviews of before I purchase it, especially with the veins of blues and greens in the products.  If I purchase one of these from the counter, I will report back but these products are often the prettiest on the counter but the lowest on quality.  Lastly, I would like several of the Nail Lacquers; Pistachio Creme and Bleu Velvet are the most unique and I want to add both of these to my collection.

I am also really excited about the brushes that were released with this collection, I don't need either of these brushes but I love the aqua shade.  I would be more likely to buy the powder brush since I am looking for a new fluffy brush to use with loose powder and bronzer.  This is a great collection for me and I can't wait to do some shopping this weekend!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: