Saturday, April 27, 2013
Zoya Summer 2013 Collection - Stunning and Irresistible
But back to beauty! I am very excited to add some new nail polish shades to my collection season, I have found new loves in shades from Nails Inc and more favorites from lines that I have loved for several years now. The next lines that I try will be Julep and Zoya, my salon carries Zoya so it will be very easy for me to pick up a shade or two the next time that I get my hair done. Maybe I will even get a manicure to celebrate the end of the semester by scheduling a manicure and pedicure myself!
Zoya's summer collection is named Stunning and Irresistible, two words that I would love to have used to described my personal style. This collection is actually comprised of two smaller collections, each have a variation of the same shades with different finishes. We have seen this concept for many companies over the past few years and I usually end up liking multiple shades and then wasn't them in both of the finishes that are offered by the company. I am envisioning one finish on my fingers and the other one on my toes, I would love to see this collection at my salon and then I could get my manicure and pedicure done in the shade variations.
We will start with the Stunning part of the collection. "Just like the sun... You are the center of it all!" This is the part of the collection that contains the creams, I believe that the other part of the collection will be more popular but I personally really love cream finishes and want to look at the more basic shades first.
- Darcy - Zoya Nail Polish in Darcy can be best described as a full-coverage, sunny yellow cream.
- Thandie - Zoya Nail Polish in Thandie can be best described as a full-coverage, citrus orange cream.
- Micky - Zoya Nail Polish in Micky can be best described as a full-coverage, amazing coral cream.
- Josie - Zoya Nail Polish in Josie can be best described as a full-coverage grassy green cream.
- Rocky - Zoya Nail Polish in Rocky can be best described as a full-coverage serene blue cream.
- Yana - Zoya Nail Polish in Yana can be best described as a full-coverage, Geranium pink cream.
The Irresistible part of the collection will be the more coveted of the two, I can already see fans of Zoya going crazy for some of these metallic and foil hues and they are much more unique than the first part of the collection. I am betting that these are the shades that will sell out in days of hitting Ulta and the website and we will see if my prediction is correct!
- Amy - Zoya Nail Polish in Amy can be best described as a full-coverage, red orange foil metallic.
- Tinsley - Zoya Nail Polish in Tinsley can be best described as a full-coverage, rose gold foil metallic.
- Bobbi - Zoya Nail Polish in Bobbi can be best described as a full-coverage, hot magenta pink foil metallic.
- Hazel - Zoya Nail Polish in Hazel can be best described as a full-coverage, blue green foil metallic.
- Rikki - Zoya Nail Polish in Rikki can be best described as a full-coverage fern green foil metallic.
- Kerry - Zoya Nail Polish in Kerry can be best described as a full-coverage, yellow gold foil metallic.
Both parts of the collection are offered in single bottle or sets of six that contain all of the bottles in that part of the collection. In both cases, there is at least one or two shades that I do not like and would never wear so I can rule out buying either of the six packs. From the Stunning part of the collection, my favorite shade is the blue hue, Rocky. This bright blue is cooler and less aqua than China Glaze's For Audrey and would fill a hole in my polish collection. The rest of the colors that I want are: Josie and Yana. I think that the Irresistible part of the collection is the harder of the two to wear and the shades that I would be more likely to use in pedicures during the work week and then would only use in manicures when I am getting dressed up and going out. The shades that I want in the second part of the collection are: Bobbi, Tinsley, and Hazel. Hazel is my favorite shade of the whole collection and this icy metallic blue would really set off tanned skin so I am very excited to try this one out!
photo courtesy of Zoya