Saturday, April 13, 2013

Stila Summer 2013 Collection - Festival of Color

I most often buy Stila products around the holidays, I love the gift sets and palettes that this company brings out and I have given the lip gloss sets to many friends over the years and have always gotten rave reviews on the colors and formula.  With all the applause that I have gotten from friends and family about these sets over the years, I have decided that I should continue to try more products from this line with every passing season, especially more of the Lip Glaze shades.  The summer collection has just been released from Stila and now we are going to look at what is coming up for the next season.  I am very excited to see two new Lip Glaze sets, just in time for spring and summer birthday season and I know that I will pick up a few of these the next time that I go to Sephora.

This collection is named Festival of Color and contains only a handful of new products.  These new products all look as though they contain tons of bright pigments and would really pop against a summer tan.  I have been getting more and more into colorful eye makeup throughout this spring season, I have been wearing pale lilac more and more now and am looking for a mint green eye shadow shade now too.  Who knows what colors I will want by the time that summer rolls around?!

Here is the Festival of Color collection from Stila!

Countless Color Pigments - Introducing Stila’s NEW innovative Countless Color pigments in a beautiful and exclusive, first-to-market formula. Each pan is a breathtaking, one-of-a-kind piece of art, created with vibrant pigments and handmade using a proprietary pressing and baking process. Use your creativity and let your imagination run wild.  There are endless ways to apply… use each of the three shades individually, blend two shades that are side by side for custom colors, swirl a brush in a circular motion to create one pop shade or swipe the brush across the product to create a unique multi-shade streaked effect.  Use fingers or a foam tip applicator for intense payoff. It is not recommended to use this product wet.  Endless color combinations in each pan.  No two Countless Color Pigments are alike.  Full coverage, pearl formula.  Long-wearing.  Vibrant, color-matched compact.
- Acoustic - red/beige/chocolate brown
- Light Show - yellow/bright blue/navy blue
- Indie - lilac/magenta/deep purple
- Center Stage - bright blue/bubblegum pink/coral
- Melody - lilac/periwinkle/deep purple
- Encore - chocolate brown/pale gold/rose
- Groupie - beige/bronze/deep brown
- Finale - bright pink/light pink/coral
- Lyric - medium pink/orange/pale pink

After Glow Lip Color - Dazzle by day and glow by night. Stila’s black light responsive lip color contains florescent pigments that are three times brighter than conventional colors, creating a vibrant pop of color in the sunlight. Once the sun goes down, black light sensitive pigments cause the product to glow when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light.  Medium, buildable coverage with staining properties for lasting color.  Sunflower seed oil nourishes and moisturizes, while oat kernel extract soothes and calms the lips.  Algae extract helps retain moisture and contains antioxidant benefits.  Glycerin attracts water from the environment and the lower layers of the skin increasing hydration levels.  Natural blend of waxes deliver a creamy, easy-to-apply consistency.  Vitamins C & E provide antioxidant benefits.  Cherry flavored.
- Tangerine Dream - deep burnt orange/bright coral
- Vivid Violet - deep purple/bright magenta
- Rave Red - deep red/bright red
- Party Pink - deep berry/medium neutral pink

Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - Just in time for summer comes this new, limited-edition shade of Stila’s best-selling Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in head-turning turquoise.  This easy-glide, quick-dry precision liner stays in place all day - no smudges, feathering, or running. The thin, marker-like tip is easy to use, even for the least experienced and delivers any look, from a thin line to a bold, dramatic stroke. It goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and stays in place until you say when!  Striking turquoise shade (serene blue-green).  Waterproof and long-lasting.  Felt tip applicator for easy, precise application.  Goes on smoothly without skipping or pulling.
- Turquoise - bright blue green

Lip Glaze Trio - Music Fest - Fun is in full swing with Stila’s limited-edition “Music Festival” Summer Lip Glaze Trio in three music-festival-inspired, glossy shades with succulent scents. 
- Freestyle - medium fuchsia
- Harmony - cotton candy pink
- Ballad - neutral nude

Lip Glaze Trio - Road Trip - Fun is in full swing with Stila’s limited-edition “Road Trip” Summer Lip Glaze Trio in three music-festival-inspired, glossy shades with succulent scents. 
- Pink Sunset - medium soft pink
- Open Road - tangerine coral
- Rising Sun - bright coral pink

I am very happy with many of these new products and I think that I am well on the way to start using Stila products more than just around the holidays.  My favorite piece of the collection is one of the Lip Glaze Trios, Music Fest contains the shades that are on the cooler side and are all pinks and nudes.  All of these shades will be great for me and I will pick this product up the next time that I get to Sephora.  Road Trip's shades are pretty but will look much better on a complexion that is much warmer than mine. 

The After Glow Lip Color is a really interesting concept, I will have to try this one out before I really give any thoughts on it.  This could be either the greatest new lip product ever or one of the biggest let downs in cosmetic history.  Party Pink will be the first shade that I try and I will have to comb beauty blogs and magazines to find more feedback on this product.  Anyone reading this that knows anything about this product, please comment and let me know how it worked out for you.  The same thoughts hold for the Countless Color Pigments, great idea but could be either great or awful in application and wear.  My favorite shade here is one of the more neutral ones, I think they will be easier to start out with.  I want to buy Encore, the mixture of neutrals and rose, first and then get some ideas on how it works.  I will put off buying the bright shades until I can use the neutrals correctly to create a pretty eye look.  If I can get the application on the neutrals down then I will venture into the world of the brights and add more color to my eye makeup collection. 

This collection has given a lot to think about this summer, I have a new lip gloss set to order and two new products to really test out and write solid reviews on.  I have more Stila products to buy and try in the upcoming months and I will be writing more on this company's products over the next few months.

photo courtesy of Stila

No comments: