Thursday, April 4, 2013

Current Favorites!

Spring came pretty late this year and I have mostly been using products that are suitable for the slowly changing seasons, I have not broken any of my warm weather fragrances out yet and am not yet wearing any type of bright shades.  However spring seems to finally have arrived to stay and I already have some new favorites for the beginning of the season.  My bottle of Chloe perfume has been working overtime lately and I may be adding to my list of favorite fragrances, I will be wearing this one for a long time to come yet and it is one of the best purchases that I have made in a long time.  I have also been in love with a new (to me) formula of MAC Lipstick and I am now excited to buy even more shades from this formula, I know that I have a great few months of beauty product shopping coming up!

Here are my current favorite items!

Chloe Chloe - "Capturing the spirit of women, the Chloé vision is not about one singular woman, but rather about the rich and varied personalities of all Chloé women. This fresh, smooth floral fragrance evokes sublime powdery rose. The effect is chic, comfortable, and entirely addictive.  Top notes of pink peony, freesia, and lychee embody subtle freshness. At the heart, midnotes of magnolia flower, lily of the valley, and rose rise to sublimated femininity. A base of velvety elegance comes to fruition through cedarwood, amber, and honey.  Inspired by the details in Chloé's fashion, the flacon's heavy but softly curved and grooved glass reflects femininity and strength. The plated-silver top is embossed with the Chloé mark and adorned with a hand-tied ribbon.  The notes are: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey."  This perfume has been my go to since the beginning of March and I fall more in love with it every time that I use it.  The mixture of the peony, rose, and magnolia notes mix perfectly with the powdery notes and create a lovely floral that I can wear in any environment.  I have worn this fragrance to work, school, and when going out and it just fits perfectly in each time.  I have received many compliments on this fragrance and I have been relying on it for several weeks now.  This one might be up there with Stella McCartney's Stella as an absolute favorite of mine!

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Behave Yourself - "Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid - with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion."  Behave Yourself is a "light blue pink" that is perfect for both the spring months and my pale skin.  This lipstick formula was one that I had never tried out before but had several people recommend to me, this is one of the most hydrating and softest lipstick formulas that I have ever used, it goes on smoothly and keeps my lips very hydrated without the use of a separate balm.  When I first felt the texture of this lipstick at the counter, I assumed that it would be more of a tinted balm however it is a full pigment lipstick and I love the color payoff so much.  Behave Yourself is a light blue pink that is the perfect pink for me, I get so many ladies walking up to me and complimenting me on this shade whenever I wear it.  I want to try more shades in this formula now!

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Dab - "A color-rich, water-resistant cream pigment for the lips, cheeks, and eyes that lasts as long as you do.  This versatile cream pigment creates the ultimate in textures on the face, eyes, lips, and anywhere else on the body you fancy. Apply with an Illamasqua brush or simply use your fingers for a buildable and highly pigmented finish that is water-resistant and long-wearing."  Dab is a "pale lilac with a matte finish".  This cream eye shadow is very pigmented and stays all day long (when used with a primer), a little bit of this product goes a very long way.  I pat a bit of this product on in the morning and it is still in place on my eyelids when I go to take off my makeup at night.  Dab is a pretty lilac without a shimmer finish, this is a lovely shade for spring and summer and I have been using it on any warm day that we have gotten so far.  I will be using this shade for the rest of the summer and it is fast becoming a warm weather staple for me.

MAC Archie's Girls Eye Shadow x 4: Caramel Sundae - "An Eye Shadow Quad in four shades: Caramel Sundae, Cheryl Chic, Dreammaker and Showstopper. The highly pigmented powder formula applies evenly, blends and builds beautifully. Limited-edition Archie's Girls packaging.  Shades are: Cheryl Chic (light coral pink with frost finish)/Dreammaker (pale frosty yellow with frost finish)/Caramel Sundae (midtone warm tan with satin finish)/Showstopper (dark cool toned brown with matte finish)."  I have been using this palette very often since I first bought it, the shades mix very well together and then with all the other neutral hues that I already owned.  When I am in a hurry, I know that I can grab this palette and combine three of the shades to get a quick but still polished eye look.  Some people have not been happy with the pigmentation of these shades, I agree that they could have more pigment but this would make them harder to wear and work with.  I can apply and mix these shades with fingers or brushes and they allow me to create a great look in less than three minutes.  I am so glad that I ordered this palette right away!

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Nomad - "A vivacious nail varnish.  Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colors that stand out. The formula is long-wearing and chip-resistant and contains individual finishes from matte to high gloss. Apply two coats for high intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish. Make a statement and talk with your hands!"  Nomad is a "bright jade with a glossy finish".  This is a bright jade green that I bought late in the winter when Pantone announced what their new Shade of the Year is.  I started using it as soon as winter ended and have been wearing it at least once a week every since.  This bright green catches the eye and the formula is the top quality one that I have come to expect from Illamaqua.  I will use this one on fingers and toes all the way through the spring and summer months!

I can't wait for the weather to get warmer and then stay warm, I am off to a great start to the spring with my current products and I only look forward to more MAC collections that are on the way and the Sephora Friends and Family so that I can get more goodies for the upcoming seasons!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: