Sunday, April 21, 2013

Butter London Summer 2013 Nail Lacquer Collection

One of the collections that I have been the most excited about for the summer months is the new nail lacquer shades from Butter London.  I just ordered the Slapper shade from the Sephora Friends and Family sale and this is my early favorite purchase from the sale.  That shade is actually from last summer's collection however it was sold out all last summer on every website and store that I could find Butter London at.  I was so excited when I saw it available for the Sephora sale and I had it sitting in my cart for a week before the sale started and I held my breath until I placed my order.  It is now sold out yet again and for a good reason...it is one of the best teal shades that I have EVER used and I have used it twice already since it came in late last week.  I don't think that I have been so excited about a nail polish color in the past few years...

That excitement is growing even more now that the Butter London summer shades are available on the Nordstrom website (haven't checked Ulta yet but both of the locations near me can never keep their display looking even halfway stocked) and this is mostly likely where I will order from.  We have six lovely new shades to pick from and I know that I will want at least two or three polishes after looking at this collection!

The Nordstrom website provides all the information that I need to check out this collection, it gives details about the background of the collection and then the shades themselves.  "This season is about being inspired by raw, cultural elements and gilded textures. Mix and match prints and revel in fabrics that are foiled, embossed and authentic. Sultry metallics in platinum, gold and rust evoke luxury, while crushed glitter in rich shades of copper and umber are offset by an accent of African turquoise."  I love metallic silver nail polish shades and I am craving a new copper shade to wear on the hot summer nights...

The unique formula of this polish is described as follows, "What is 3 Free? butter LONDON is a 3 Free company: no formaldehyde, no toluene, no DBP (dibutyl phthalate). This luxury nail lacquer is high-fashion, heavily pigmented and safe. butter LONDON believes in rock 'n' roll. Great Britain. And Fashion."

Here are the newest shades for summer from Butter London!

- Bit Faker - dense copper glitter suspended in a clear base
- Bobby Dazzler - platinum silver
- Champers - deep coppery rose with warm shimmer
- Marbs - bright yellow gold with gold shimmer
- Poole - medium robin's egg blue cream
- Sun Baker - deep coppery orange with copper shimmer

My favorite shade is the bright blue, I have been adding blues and aquas to my collection this whole spring and now I have found another one that I want to purchase.  This isn't the most unique shade since I own a similar shade from China Glaze (For Audrey) and therefore I will not be very disappointed if I do not get a bottle of it.  Champers is a really lovely shade and the one that is the stand out from this collection, I have never seen a shade quite like this before.  This is a unique shade of rose copper and it will work with all the rose gold looks that I have been doing over the past few weeks and will look even better against a tan this summer.  This is the one shade that I must own from this collection.  The last shade that I really like is Bobby Dazzler, I wear silvers very often and I would like to own this shade in the high quality formula from Butter London. 

My nail polish collection is just going to get larger and larger with this season and I still have to deal with the issue of how I will be storing all of these new shades.  My current shades are already over flowing and this will only get worse over the next few weeks...  And we are only through about a quarter of the summer collections yet!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: