Saturday, April 6, 2013

Smashbox Summer 2013 Collection - Heat Wave

I have been seeing pictures of the new Smashbox eye shadow palette on the What's Hot section of the Sephora website and I am very excited to see that the whole collection is now available on the Smashbox website.  I have been using a Smashbox eye shadow primer for the past few weeks and I now want to try even more products from this company, especially some different primers and BB creams.  I am now adding that palette to my Smashbox shopping list and to my Sephora Friends and Family shopping list.  My Sephora list will be so long at this point and I have a feeling that I will need to edit my list several times before I even make one order.

This collection from Smashbox is named Heat Wave and only consists of one palette and one set.  I am disappointed with this collection, I love the eye shadow palette but I wish that the collection was much larger and contained more blush and bronzer products.  I continue to remain on the hunt for at least one more bronzer formula to use this summer and I would have expected Smashbox to have a great selection of bronzer formulas. 

The Smashbox website contains a description of Heat Wave, "The heat is on!  Live out a golden summer with this hot collection of earth-inspired hues perfectly paired with vibrant glosses."  I have been wearing neutral eyes with bright lips for the past two summers and I plan to keep wearing looks like this for the upcoming summer too.  I know that I will want the palette but I am still undecided on the lip gloss set.

Here is Heat Wave!

Heat Wave Eye Shadow Palette and Brush - Turn up the drama, or keep it low-key-it's up to you with our stunning summer palette! 10 totally on-trend shades in our luxe wet-dry formula let you create naturally pretty eyes or amped-up glam looks.
- soft matte peach/soft champagne beige/soft matte caramel/golden pink/gold/pink beige with silver flecks/soft pewter gray/soft golden sea blue/shimmering taupe/deep golden brown

Heat Wave Lip Gloss Set -
Make your pout shout with these 4 turned-up shades. These mega-juicy glosses will leave lips saturated in the season's hottest hues! Shades: Electric Orange, Fuchsia Flash, VIP Pink, Copper Remix.  Breathe new life into your matte lipsticks! Apply a coat of this gloss for a lustrous finish.
- Electric Orange - bright orange cream
- Fuchsia Flash - bright magenta pink cream
- VIP Pink - bright medium pink cream
- Copper Remix - medium copper shimmer

I already know that I would not buy the lip gloss set, I would only wear two of the shades to begin with.  There is no way that either the orange or copper shades would be flattering on my skintone and I can already rule them out.  I am also a bit concerned about how glossy the bright pink shades are, I tend to prefer these types of shades in matte and cream finishes, as they can look very tacky with a dramatic glossy finish.  Safe to say that the set will not be coming home with me from Sephora.

The eye shadow palette is an item that I will be able to get lots of use form this summer and I think that I will order it with one of my Friends and Family orders.  All of these shades will work very well together and then will also be able to be blended with both Urban Decay Naked palettes.  I could very well create eye makeup looks all summer from just mixing the shades in these three palettes.  I feel like I have skipped spring all together and am now only getting excited for summer eye makeup products and shades.  I need to finish my spring shopping first but this palette will be at the top of my list when I start shopping for summer!

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: