Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NARS Summer 2013 Collection - Summer Shock

Yesterday was a big day in the world, for most people it was Tax Day but it was also a day of several great collection releases in the beauty industry.  I was very excited to see that both Butter London and NARS' newest collections were released late yesterday and are now both available on their company websites.  I don't need to say how much I love both of these companies, I already rave about their products on here as much as I can and am often picking up new items from them.  In fact, I have an untried Butter London polish that just came with my Friends and Family order and I use at least one product from NARS every single day.  What an exciting week for beauty!

We are going to start with the new collection from NARS and then will head over the Butter London website in the next few days.  This collection is available right now on both the NARS and Nordstrom website so I am pulling my information from a combination of the two places. 

The Nordstrom website provides a description of the collection, "The modern face of summer reflects a striking tension in tone – sexy, unexpected glam filtered through futuristic new wave sophistication."  The model for this collection is again Stella Tennant, I do wonder how many collections she will be the face of over the next few seasons.  She is rocking bright eye makeup and very defined cheekbones, two of the looks that I have been seeing in magazines for the past few weeks.  I have been talking about bright eye makeup ever since I started looking at summer collections and am still working on how I want to pull this look off.  The brights in this collection are very bright and I know that these are not the shades that I would be starting off with...

Here is the new collection from NARS!

The Multiple - François Nars' iconic innovation, the original multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips and body. Its unique creamy formula and sheer color blends effortlessly to create shimmering accents; contours or dynamic highlights on all skin tones. Apply with fingers: the skin's warmth allows for perfect blending.  Mistake-proof color; quick and easy to apply.  Sheer, natural finish for eyes, cheeks and lips.  Enriched with Vitamin E and açai oil for antioxidant benefits.
- Puerto Vallarta - shimmering tangerine

Duo Eye Shadow - Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eyeshadow shades. Worn alone or together, all Duo Eyeshadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing and crease resistant. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly. The effects can be subtle or smoldering- the options are endless.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.  Fashion-forward shade pairing.
- Fashion Rebel - dandelion/african violet

Shimmer Eye Shadow - Luminous, light-reflecting shades for shading, highlighting and lining eyes. Highly pigmented, longwearing, crease resistant colors that can be applied sheer or layered for more dramatic effects. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.  Sophisticated, luminous shades.
- Euphrate - frosted mint steel

Larger Than Life Long Wear Eye Pencil - Defined. Dramatic. Intense. NARS' Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner takes liner to the next level. Rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely budgeproof finish. Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking. Nine deeply dramatic shades named for the most iconic streets in the world.
- Barrow Street - mint green

Larger Than Life Lip Gloss - Outrageously lustrous color meets high-impact shine. Dramatic, stay-in-place shades glide on smoothly and evenly for lips that are more luminous and voluminous than ever before.  High-shine, high-impact finish gives a dramatic effect.  Long-lasting, stay-in-place wear.  Infused with ingredients to nourish and fight free radicals while natural lip enhancers pump up volume.  Shorter-bristle brush delivers the most precise application possible.
- Paris Follies - pink flamingo

Satin Lipstick - A lustrous, long-wearing lipstick infused with conditioners to provide comfortable wear and sumptuously silky color.  Smooth, ultra comfortable wear.  Sophisticated shade range.  Patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants that hydrate, nourish and protect lips.
- Tolede - pink rose

Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - The application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long-lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless color for hours. Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product.  Enriched with Vitamin E.  Convenient, easy application.
- Tender Night - iridescent lilac

Opaque Nail Polish - Fashion-forward and classic NARS Nail Polish shades impart incredible luster and prolonged gloss retention with UV protection to prevent polish discoloration. An advanced polymer system provides extended wear and a durable, chip-resistant finish.  Modern, iconic shades.  Long-wearing, chip-resistant.  Toluene, formaldehyde and DBP free.  Ships via ground only.
- Madness - electric orange crush

Stick Concealer - A unique yellow-toned shade to instantly correct redness. With a few gentle strokes, this quick-fix tool camouflages redness to create a more even-toned complexion. Crease-proof and easily blendable for a flawless finish. Use alone or with additional NARS concealers. Ideal for touch-ups throughout the day.  Long-wearing.  Enriched with moisturizing Vitamin E.  Crease-proof.  Paraben-free.
- Pear - pale yellow (correcting shade for light to medium skin tones)

Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Primed. Revived. Radiant.NARS Light Optimizing Primer SPF 15 dramatically extends and transforms the appearance and vibrancy of makeup. Weightless and oil-free, it minimizes signs of fatigue to leave the skin luminous and revived. May also be worn alone as daily sun protection and/or to create a natural luminous complexion.  Dermatologist Tested.  Oil-free. Paraben-free. Alcohol-free. Synthetic fragrance-free.  Non-comedogenic.

I have already seen several pictures of this shade of the Eye Shadow Duo in magazines for the past month, this is supposed to be one of the best choices for colorful eye makeup for the late spring and the rest of the summer months.  This would be better for someone who is already used to applying and wearing colorful eye makeup, it is really just too much for me to start out with and I will be skipping over it this season.  I also have the exact same feelings for the mint green eye liner, again just too much for me right now.  The Single Eye Shadow from this collection is a bit more to my liking, this frosted mint green silver is much more wearable and I can mix it will all shades of silvers and platinums on my eyes, I am looking forward to finding this product at Sephora.

The lip products are what I am most excited about in this collection, this really seems to be the trend for me since the beginning of the spring collections and I foresee it remaining the trend for the rest of the summer collections too.  I love the Larger Than Life Lip Gloss shade, this bright pink will be perfect against pale skin or a tan and I could see myself wearing this shade long after the end of the summer.  The Lipstick is on my shopping list too, this is a second great pink for the summer and yet another shade that I would wear all throughout the year.  The Velvet Matte Lip Pencil shade might be hard for me to pull off, I love this product so I want it to work for me but this is an overall hard to pull off shade. 

The last product that I am really interested in is the new primer formula from this company, I love their eye shadow primer and I want to see if their face primers are the same high quality.  I am disappointed that it only has an SPF of 15, this is simply not enough protection for the summer months and I will need to use a separate product and risk the products beginning to cake in the warm weather.  I might have to put off this primer until fall since I need at least SPF 30 for the sunnier months.

I really do like the new collection and I can see how it will be one of the top rated collections for summer, the looks that these new products will create are right on trend but just may be on the harder side for many women to pull off...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: