Saturday, April 20, 2013

YSL Summer 2013 Collection - Saharienne Heat

We are heading toward the end of April and now I am only thinking about summer collections, I am done shopping for spring and now have turned my thoughts to self tanners and new tropical fragrances for the warm weather.  The spring weather has finally come and now I can really begin thinking about summer dresses and all the matching items that I will need in the hot weather.  In addition, the end of the semester is right around the corner and this is both scary and exciting to me.  I am in the middle of writing the biggest paper of my grad school career and I have so much more work to do but as soon as I wrap it up...summer is here!  The beauty industry is perfectly attuned to my state of mind and now the summer collections are coming out faster and faster.  Today we are going to look at the newest collection from YSL and see what else I will be adding to my summer shopping list.

This collection is available on the Nordstrom website and I am sure that pieces of it will be able to be found at Sephora in the next few weeks.  I have mostly used mascaras from this collection and another version of Faux Cils is on my radar right now and I am always on the look out for great new mascara formulas and this company has never disappointed me for creating huge, lush lashes.  I have to branch out into this line and see what else I fall in love with! 

The new collection is named Saharienne Heat and contains all kinds of bright hues and great bronzers.  It is inspired by the African desert, a place that I long to visit and go on safari to.  "Between sky and sand, a subtle mix of violet, coral and scintillating bronze glimmer in the twilight of the Saharan Desert. Dazzling sun rays fall upon the YSL woman like a golden caress across her tanned body."  This collection looks as though it will contain both face and body products and I could really broaden my beauty horizons with this collection!

Here is the newest summer collection from YSL!

Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eye Shadow Palette - Through the magic of water and a revolutionary new process, Yves Saint Laurent pushes the limits of color with Pure Chromatics, a new generation of eyeshadows. Real makeup-artist magic is made easy with six emblematic harmonies that captivate the eyes.  The power of water: Exclusively by Yves Saint Laurent, the new water-process technology is the latest discovery in color, allowing pigments to be more intense and metallic than ever before!  Use wet for a chromatic transformation. Expect the unexpected. Water does not dilute but enhances color pigments in Pure Chromatics. When used wet, the water rehydrates the eyeshadows and gives full intensity to their pigments. The effect is the satiny powder transforms into a luxurious cream while pearls shine with a metallic finish.
- No 13 - medium rose/light champagne pink/medium lilac/deep plum
- No 20 - medium coppery gold/pale champagne/light tan/deep warm charcoal

Dessin du Regard Waterproof Eye Pencil - The look of a liquid with the precision of a pencil. This exceptional long-lasting waterproof eye pencil will stay put on your lids for up to 16 hours!
- No 10 Violet Massa - deep violet purple

Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Lip Stain - A revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain. Coat your lips with this lip color that offers a lightweight texture, which immediately melts onto lips. Glossy Stain delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting shine.
- 14 Fuchsia Dore - medium magenta cream
- 31 Corrail Alla Prima - medium warm coral cream

Terre Saharienne Bronzing Powder - Terre Saharienne bronzing powder provides an instant healthy glow thanks to the incorporation of the new Sun Radiance pigments. These special-effect pigments capture the light and diffuse a golden reflection in all directions. The complexion is smooth, leaving skin looking refreshed and rested.
- No 10 Terre Ambre - light to medium tan
- No 20 Terre Ocree - medium tan
- No 30 Halee - deep tan

La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer - Yves Saint Laurent introduces the La Laque Couture collection. The vibrant assortment of ultra-shiny hues makes every woman feel couture to the fingertips.
- 14 Violine Surrealistic - deep magenta cream
- 36 Vert d'Orient - deep jade green cream
- 37 Taupe Mauresque - deep taupe cream

This might be one of the first collection that I am more excited about the bronzers than I am the lip and nail products!  I love my MAC Bronzer from last summer but I like to have two shades/formulas because my self tan will change hues throughout the summer.  I have a lighter tan shade right now but I am considering the medium shade for when the tan really develops and this looks like one of the best formulas that I have seen so far, I hope that I can find the product at Sephora and try it out.

My next favorites are part of the color products.  I think that the Pure Chromatics Eye Shadow Palette in No 13 would be the product that I want the most.  I have been looking for lilac and purple eye shadow shades all spring and this palette contains four shades that I love and would use in all different shade combinations.  This might be the last purple shadow purchase that I will have to make this season!  I do like the neutral palette also but I pretty much own all of these shades already and I don't really need to purchase this palette even though I know that I would get a good amount of use from it.  I am not really interested in any of the lip stain shades and I will skip over both of them.  Lastly, I love the two jewel tones in the new polish shades, I want both of them and I want to try this new formula out the next time that I go to Sephora.

I really like this collection and this is a contender for one of my favorites of the season and I am really excited to pick several pieces of it up!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: